Patrick
    Just to let you folks know, Rightlook has QUALITY MF`s on sale, 12 for $29.99, ,comes out to $2.50 each...Passed the cd test.....These are quality towels folks, not your wally-mart brand...

rightlook.com

Post Thanks / Like
    What brand would they compare to? JTI? Pak? CMA? Neat Items? Yo Steve?

What is the thread count of the towels? How plush are the towels? Did you try their waffle weave towels or other mf towels?

How was their service and shipping cost?

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, but pakshak offers them for 2 bucks to autopians, no tags on them, and they are of good known quality. when i decide to get some this spring, ill be getting them from pakshak.
    18 Honda Civic SI White Pearl 6mt(:lever

02 Honda Aquatrax f12x watercraft

01 Yamaha Superjet Modded

Post Thanks / Like
    i too, have just ordered from Ranney...but i am heading over there tomarrow to check them out. I`ll bring a cd to test them on as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by flyby

i too, have just ordered from Ranney...but i am heading over there tomarrow to check them out. I`ll bring a cd to test them on as well

What is the deal with using a CD to test MF`s?

Post Thanks / Like
    oh, i can answer this question!!!! you take whatever cloth/mitt/towel etc you want to use on your car and rub it over the backside of a cd. If it scratches the cd, it will scratch your paint as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    hmm.....so does that mean i can use a T-shirt on my paint? I don`t see noticable scratches right away but eventually I would if I kept rubbing it on the CD

Patrick
    Tags shmags, bid deal, ya cut em off, not that big of an issue or selling point in my book........I have never bought any from Pakshak, they look nice, and for 2 bucks, go for it....The ones from rightlook feel about a step below a Viper....but a hel* of a lot better than those wallymart ones...I dont regret buying those, I`ll use them one wheels, they seam to shed on windows....rightlooks are a keeper..

Shipping was minimal, but i`am maybe 200 miles from San Diego (Rightlook)....Nicely packaged, with a couple gift mints, and a big thank you......

Post Thanks / Like
    well after Patrick posted about these, i decided to do my best at checking these guys out in person....so i drove there this afternoon and talked with the sales rep. overall, very professional, i caught him a bit off guard b/c i brought a CD, and had a list of questions to ask him.....lol.

They have no retail store, and they ship directly from there office suite in an industrial park. So i got a tour of the place. He talked about every detailing product they sell (mostly to pros`, car washes, and mobile detailers he sed) but was more than happy to sell me 1 spray bottle.

I purchased a med. clay bar for $20 6oz. as well as a bottle for 2.00.

He then gave me 3 Mf towels to try out for FREE, the only one i didnt get was a waffle weave. They all passed the cd test though.

He also gave me a small bottle of each of their car detailing products (7) to try and evaluate. So that was Really cool. I am going to try them out and also send some to Parick to try as well, b/c im still very new to this board and i think i may not properly use them to their full potential. but we shall see!

Back to the towels though, since everyone already has their own favorite wax/polish/sealant. They are REALLY soft and plush. i already own 1 towel from Adam`s polishes, and Adam`s are soft but not teddy bear snuggley soft. I am in the process of ordering a bunch of MF`s from Ranney so i can compare the 2 next week when his arrive. Oh, these Mf`s are made in Korea&China. He didnt know what the threads/inch were but these are definately softer/plusher than the home depot, Turtle wax, or Adam`s that i have touched....so Im not sure if this makes them better or not..maybe just different...at some point sometimes, it comes down to the old addage about "how many angels fit on a pinhead"? Does it really matter after a certain point? the Sales guy Paul, also *hinted* that he would go head to head with some of the other MF dealer prices out there, if there was a bulk order.

So if you are local, you gotta check them out! But my first order of towels goes to Ranney.

Cheers,

C.T.

Post Thanks / Like
    well i got to use the 3 different types of MF`s from these guys today. they are nice, and lint free.

i suppose they are good to go then.

Thread Information