Post Thanks / Like
    After driving home tonight and into my lit garage, I realized that my car had picked up hundreds of spots everywhere - the hood, the trunk, doors. They must`ve come from the tree I parked under this evening (I know, I know...). The spots are actually little dusty yellow streaks, about a quarter inch in length. They look almost as if I drew on my car using yellow chalk. Can anyone identify what this is? Pollen maybe?

If I touch the spot with my finger it basically falls apart like dust. So my question is, is it harmful if I don`t clean up the stuff right away? I just washed/waxed yesterday and I`m generally hesitant to quick detail, especially if it`s for the entire car. Can I just wait a week or two til the next wash, or will this stuff etch in?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi , Cindy,

as far as my experience with pollen goes, it does not etch , that`s the good part

the bad part is that the car looks neglected when pollen season starts, no matter what you do.

Where I live pollen season lasts for a month or so and all I can do is wait `till its over.

Or wash my car every day

I found that it`s a bit too much for QD, so I`d rather wash.

Happy detailing

Christiaan

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info, Christiaan. I have to say I was quite shocked to see my clean car suddenly covered with dusty spots. Never seen anything like it. I`ll wait til my next shampoo to clean it up, then I will try to avoid parking in that part of town for a while, heh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pollen gets real bad here in Florida and this years the worst I can remember....every day my black car turns yellow, no matter WHERE I park it....I just CCD it in the morning before I drive it, then again when I leave work. Quick QD every day and she stays lookin pretty good....unless it rains when theres pollen all over the car...

Thread Information