Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Well guys, that perfect detailing weather is already here for us, and on its way for other parts of N. America. :up

If anyone has any suggestions for anything, as in detailing attire, favorite waxes/sealants or other products they like to use durring the spring time... post them here.
    ~Cody Julian

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhhh, so many things to list. I have a large list of testing slated for this spring and summer, including trying some new bases for Zaino and lots of new polishes. Too bad it`s 15 degrees here right now.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Well,temperatures are reaching 15Centigrade (59Farenheid) now,

trees are showing colorchange

birds are singing

looks like spring is in the air:xyxthumbs

And my car is waiting for a mayor detail on the outside, the inside was kept clean at all times.

When I bought the car (August 2001) it was "treated" by the dealer, and I thought then that I had a beautifull car:nixweiss

In November 2001 I joined Autopia and realised that my car was far from beautifull

I treated it with Turtlewax polishing wax:down , Meguiars cleaner wax:down , Meguiars clearcoat Prep & swirl remover :down , and finaly put on Zaino, Z5 & Z2:up

All done by hand.

Though the car looked great after zaino, in certain light conditions swirls were visible.What realy bugs me is that the roof is swirl & orangepeel free.I hate that `cause you need a stool to see it:angry

In the mean time I gathered 3M-stuff ,a ROB and hope to have soon S100

That`s my plan:wavey

Christiaan

Post Thanks / Like
    5 deg now but it`s to get into the 60`s by the end of the week. If it holds true time to remove the Zanio and try something new.

Wash Dawn

3M Perfect-It III Machine Glaze

Clay Z18

Wash Z7

Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish

S100 Shine Enhancing Cleaner

Blackfire All Finish Paint Protection x 3 coats

S100 Carnauba Wax x 5 coats

Quick Detail - ClearKote Quik Shine

Still wondering on the best order for the two polishes, guess we`ll test both ways.

Post Thanks / Like
    The first thing on my list is to head over to the Autopia Gear store and get hooked up. Gotta look the part. I think this is the year that I`ll give Zaino a shot at last. I need to find a good car to use it on though. I`ve decided not to use it on any of my cars because I`m just not a fan of it on white. I know of a black car that is always eager to be my test bed. I`ll give him a call.

I think I may just take the plunge and get a rotary this year too. I`m still pretty nervous around them. We`ll see if it happens. I`m going to start my new marketing stratagy this year too. Maybe that will present me with some cars that will need the rotary. I guess I`ll have to wait and see. I`m looking forward to 2003 because my schedule is way different than last year and it will be interesting to see how many cars I can do. I`m hoping to get at least 3 or 4 a week in. It should be interesting.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    I couldn`t wait til the warmer weather here to do my spring cleaning so I started in my garage and I am not taking it out until I finish. (I got a ride to work for the week)

I am going to town on it too. I mean I have strip it down, buffed it out (some stratches that seem to appear), and polished to a like glass reflection. I have my tonneau cover off to polish bed rails, the tail lights and 3rd brake light have been remove to clean behind, and of course the license plates are off. The wheels are coming off to put another coat of wax on the inside too.

I am trying Klasse AIO & SG for the first time. Will top it it with P21S when done layering SG. I am on my 3rd coat tonight of SG. I have been waiting 24hrs+ between layers.

Should be done by the end of the week, can`t wait .... but then again the weather has been pretty crappy outside and I am having so much fun detailing in the garage I may never let it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Volvoguy,

Try One Grand Omega Glaze, Blitz Wax, Show Off.

I have tried just about all the hot waxes and sealants

on Autopia and keep sticking with One Grand.

Omega and Blitz has it`s own very distinct look to it

and if you look closely at the paint work it is the only

only one I found that makes the paint look 2 " deep

and the metallic specs actually jump out at you.

As far as Blitz`s knock about whitening trim, you

will find that once you practice laying it down you

will avoid the trim. And as far as powder just do not

wait to long for Blitz to dry. This will keep down powder.

Also use 100% Gerber baby diapers to buff. They really

grab the wax.

Just my Obs.

rd

volvo koop
    As Soon As I saw That Guys Cars Dirty I Knew He Was Going To Be A Failure! Donald Trump - The Apprentice

Post Thanks / Like
    After a few weeks of signs that the weather`s going to improve, it`s only going to get worse for now (heck, we got our first snow this Saturday ). Meaning spring feels tangibly further away.

I`m looking forward to this year too. Now better armed with my DACP and PC, we`re going to be busy this year - that darned black Alero and I are headed for a rematch!

:spot

It`s funny you just posted rd_volvo, I`m going to try out your scratch repair formula and see how it works for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, this is going to be my first post-winter treatment since I found Autopia. That said, I have my Autopia Gear t-shirt, new Microfibers, and a load of good stuff (Klasse twins, Souveran, S100, a PC, and Megs #9). So it looks like I`m ready!

Anytime this week is looking to be a beauty week for getting started. Spring is definitely in the air... Can`t wait to drag out the hose and give my baby a really good bath. :bounce
    Dawn
    `01 Buick Regal GS - Charcoal grey - GONE
    `01 Ford Ranger XLT - Dark blue
    `05 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Stone White

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I guess I will go ahead and give my list of things to try too.

rd_volvo - I was actually planning on trying out some Blitz next time I waxed, I have an un-opened can laying in my garage just begging to be used.

Okay, first of all I am going to give Klasse another go with the Land Cruiser. I tried it about a year ago and had bad hazing and horrible streaks, but that was in my pre-autopian days so we will see how much I have learned.

Seccond I just got some PCM, so I think I will ditch Z for the summer on the 850 and go with Souveran. I plan on stripping the Zaino, and polishing by hand all weekend. Then finsh with 2 coats of S and a final PCM.

I still dont have a PC... so I may just give in and get the 7336 from Lowes. I will see how money is later this spring/summer.

As for my other question, about clothes... durring the summer I usually keep things to a minimum. Shorts, a beater and no shoes or sandalls usually makes up my detailing attire when its warm out.

Thanks for the great thread guys!

:wavey
    ~Cody Julian

Post Thanks / Like
    Volvoguy,

Just keep in mind that Blitz alone will not give you

100% of the OG look I am talking about. You will

need Omega for that. See if some one can give you

a 1 oz sample of Omega near you. Apply Omega

the same way you would Zaino Z2/5.

Yeah 4D, I hope the paint moving trick works for you.

rd
    As Soon As I saw That Guys Cars Dirty I Knew He Was Going To Be A Failure! Donald Trump - The Apprentice

Post Thanks / Like
    Considering I am still in my 60 day post wreck period of no waxing, I might consider washing the Maxima and maybe cleaning the wheelwells and back of the wheels since IDOT and Streets and Sanitation love heaping copious amounts of salt on our roadways. I also need to clean some small stains from my headliner.

As far as gearing up for the coming season.......

a) PC 7336

b) EF PowerWash

c) EF Clear Vision

d) PakShak MF Towels

e) Big Blue Drying Towels

f) Klasse Twins

But when the 60 days is up, the Maxima is getting an interior and exterior detailing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered S100 wax and can`t wait to try it. I have a bottle of P21S PCL that I haven`t gotten a chance to use yet. I may try those 2 products on my daily driver just to see the results.

I`m just waiting for a warm day to try these out! It`s been too cold here to spend all day outside AND enjoy the work at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like
    This summer is gonna be big for me. Looking to land a deal with an exotics dealership in my area. I do have alot of restocking to do though...

PC, Vac N` Blo, some more S100, another steam cleaner *my other one broke during the middle of a job!* and various other things...
    ~Miguel

Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot to mention that I am going to try out my Zaino Z12 glass polish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information