Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wondering if anyone here knows how well Mothers carnuba paste wax compares to the know waxes used on this board. Haven`t heard much of it at all, everything main stream is Meguires for some reason...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used the Mothers wax and compared to P21S, it was a little more effort to remove. P21S was just wipe on, wipe off. As for shine differences, well, I can`t really tell. Looked about the same to me on a black car. But remember its the prep work that`s important and not the wax

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a tub of Mothers. I`m comparing a bunch of paste waxes. I found a nice little trick with Mothers that makes it so much easier. Simply spray a light mist of your favorite QD on the panel before wiping on the wax. It makes it go on like butter. The shine is very rich and deep. Seems to handle multiple layers pretty well.

Post Thanks / Like
    i just used my dusty old bottle of the liquid carnauba on our van. Great shine...very wet...does seem to handle layering well...and a great value. Better than average durability in this price range.

I like using it on relatives` cars...I save the Zaino and s100 for my car...

:wavey
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm, but I wonder if it protects as well as the others, but also provide the depth and clarity and slickness to compete well against the more used brands on this board...?????

I do have a tub of it, never really had a problem with it. I remember using it on my black 96 cobra, went on really easy, and wiped off fairly easy, but I`m trying to remember if it left a slight haze to the black paint,.... I think it did, anyone have thoughts???

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve found that I have been happy with whatever Mothers product I have tried. They have never let me down.

How does it compare? Anymore, I don`t think it matters. I think how long the wax lasts is mental anyways. If you think it will last a long time, it will. If you think it won`t last too long, then it won`t. :p

Post Thanks / Like
    Just have to say I think the mothers paste w/o cleaners is the best paste wax available.

P21s is nice but to me doesn`t give that pop to the paint the way Mothers does especially on black or red cars. In my book Power shine liquid glaze or polish or whatever its supposed to be called followed by the mothers is the best shine possible.

I think the shine that p21s produces is more like a Zaino type of shine, more reflective but not as colorful. The Mothers is not hard to wipe off just requires a little more effort. With a microfiber that extra effort is minimal and well worth it.
    Ferrari in 2007!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by stuart hicks

I think the shine that p21s produces is more like a Zaino type of shine, more reflective but not as colorful.

I couldn`t agree more......and quite frankly, I`m a bit surprised I haven`t heard more comparisons like this with all the footage P21S has been getting.

I`ve been eyeing that big can of Mothers paste wax every time I go to PepBoys. Maybe it`s time for me to be brave and pick up a can.

::::Edit::::: After posting this, I just read Bruce Peter`s thread on his impressions of GEPC/P21S!

Post Thanks / Like
    In the recent Guru Wax Report, Mothers beat out Blitz and all the Meguiars and Griot`s and the Zymols and Malms. For carnauba waxes it came in tied for 7th place. Not bad. Not bad.

Its low cost and general availability are its strong points. Its weak points are its lack of beading, durability and shine/gloss.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve only used mother`s cleaner wax and I I believe that it gives a very warm glow to the paint. Used it this past november and it lasted about 5-6 weeks. I also agree that p21s/s100 is more reflective. Although I can`t compare it with zaino since I`ve never used it.

Post Thanks / Like
    A UK autopian once posted pics of his blue Ford Cosworth after using Mother`s paste wax. It was simply one of the most beautfiul cars I have seen on the net. His surface prep of course was amazing too.

This car glowed and reflected like nobody`s business. I searched his name is Tarkan here is a link to his car pics.

I WANT this car

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a new member of this forum. I must say the information is excellent. I will try to pass on some of my results of a recent wax test I performed. The waxes involvd were Mothers pure blend(my personal favorite), Meguiars Gold Class, P21S, and Zymol Destiny. All were in the form of a paste. The P21S and Zymol I received as free samples from autodetail.com. They have some of the best prices on the web. Check them out. I sectioned my hood into four sections. I first clayed the whole hood using Mothers clay bar and Showtime. I then followed with Z-5 from Zaino. I did not have any polish such as #7 to use. My buddy had some Z-5 and said this is as good if not better than #7. After letting it stay on the car for 30 minutes I removed it and applied the waxes. All went on with a foam applicator and removed with a microfiber towel. Meguiars went on easy and came of easy. Mothers went on easy and was a little harder to get off but not difficult in any way. The P21S, which I never used before went on easy and came off the easiest. Next was Zymol. I applied this last because you have to apply it with your hands. All the waxes felt smooth and oily but the Zymol was like butter. The texture was amazing. And the smell, I was not sure if I should eat it or put it on my car. It went on easy and came off easy. The final results? First let me say that my car is titanium silver and is garaged kept. The car is in MINT condition. You could not tell the difference from any of the waxes. I had friends come over for them to see. We had the touch test for slickness and could barely if at all tell a difference. Visually there was not a difference. Durability is hard to tell. The car is in the garage and is out of the elements. I must have waxed it 6 weeks ago and the hood still beads when I wash it. I use Mothers and was very satisfied with their whole line of products. I wanted to see if I could do better. Destiny costs in excess of $300 and you could not point it out. I will stay with Mothers. Give it a try, you will not be disappointed. What I did realize was it is all in the prep. This is where it matters!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by bimmer330

...I did not have any polish such as #7 to use. My buddy had some Z-5 and said this is as good if not better than #7.
    Thanks for sharing your results with us bimmer330.

Just to clarify, #7 and Zaino Z-5 are totally different animals from different species. Meguiar`s #7 is a glaze, which is one of the usual products to apply prior to waxing with a traditional wax. Its job is to fill in swirls with fillers and make them less noticable. Glazes need to be covered with a wax because they have no durability. It is not a "polish" in the usual way people think of that word. For a true polish that has gentle abrasives for prep work, consider a swirl remover or paint cleanser.

Zaino Z-5 is a polymer sealant "wax" that can sit on top all by itself. Its job is also to fill in and hide swirls though I`m not sure how well it does this compared to a glaze coat for coat. The weird part is that it is also not a "polish". Both of them are called polishes but neither of them physically polish anything. :p

Inadvertently, what you have done is do the Autopian "polymer topped with wax" combo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jmsc

In the recent Guru Wax Report, Mothers beat out Blitz and all the Meguiars and Griot`s and the Zymols and Malms. For carnauba waxes it came in tied for 7th place. Not bad. Not bad.

Its low cost and general availability are its strong points. Its weak points are its lack of beading, durability and shine/gloss.

Where can we find the guru wax report? Never heard of it before...

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by WS6Fury

Where can we find the guru wax report? Never heard of it before...
    It`s been discussed here at length a while ago if you care to search for it. Geekysteve is the Editor in Cheif.

www.gurureports.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information