Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Husband/boyfriend for you ladies!

I guess I`m a really lucky guy. My awesome wife loves......

1. Cars

2. Car shows

3. Customizing

4. Detailing

5. Helping me detail

6. NASCAR

7. Drag Racing

8. Basketball

9. Football

10. Shopping

9 out of 10 is not bad.

(I`ve actually caught her in the act of Cali-dusting!)

Anyway, just wanted to give her a little credit for being a great wife........thanks Pam......
    Bill Luster

`00 Trans Am / `82 Vette

Click here for:Bill`s Pictures

Post Thanks / Like
    You are a blessed man indeed. My wife is the exact opposite. I see other women at the car wash all the time taking care of their cars and wonder what happened to my wife. She loves it when I detail her car, but she puts no effort whatsoever into keeping it that way. Count your blessings. I envy you..

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife is my only employee. She comes out with me on every job I do. She is the master of the interior and I do the outside. She does an awesome job. She wants to learn how to use the PC this year. All you guys still looking for a wife can stop looking right now. I`ve already got the perfect woman.

Post Thanks / Like
    Like Luster, my wife shares my interests (some more enthusiastically than others) and deserves a lot of credit. She helps with the final drying/QDing on a regular basis and is happy to help with other stuff if I ask. She takes good care of her cars and even makes sure her passengers "behave properly". Doesn`t do windows, though

She likes to keep her cars a looong time, and always got a real kick out of people asking if her old S4 was the "new model" (and was really steamed when a young girl rear-ended her).

Yes, I know how lucky I am :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    ...as long as she herself isn`t required to supply any time/energy in getting them there.

I guess it`s a symbiosis we share; we both take care of things for each other that are important to us but they`re somehow mutually exclusive.

I wish she dug car shows more, she`ll go to them, but after about an hour, she`s bored. That`s ok, if she made me sit in a shoe emporium for that long....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jake11375

I think for a lot of us we`re lucky opposites attract! My wife is just like yours. She likes when her car is clean, but will take the muddies back road to get to work 3 minutes faster!!! DOH!:down

I`ll spend hours in the garage working on the cars. I`ll ask her to come see the results and she`s happy. But she could never tell a difference if I switched polishes or waxes.

Oh well.

TJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you familiar with the phrase, "If you want it done right, do it yourself?" It would be nice if my wife helped me, but I`m so particular about how I want things done, I`m a pain to work with. Another problem I have is my wife, of 17 years, hasn`t mastered the art of mind reading.

Post Thanks / Like
    My ex-wife helped by trashing her car so it took me longer, but I wouldn`t really call that help. She was into auto racing though....NASCAR and NHRA.

My last g/f didn`t have any interest at all, but sure didn`t mind me detailing her car for her. At least she did cook me dinner and ...uh...other things!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m expected to detail (in & out) both cars, in order to justify my spending habits. We`re looking for a garage-whoops! I mean house right now, and she`s rightly afraid she`ll never see me again. At least both cars will look pristine...
    `01 Sentra SE
    Calgary Sports Car Club #406 DSS

Post Thanks / Like
    After seeing my detailed car, my girlfriend loves having her car look just the same as long as I do it. I tried one weekend to get her involved, set her up with her own buckets and wash mitt and showed her the proper techniques. I did one half while she did the other. Not only did she actually miss large portions of panels, what she did wash wasn`t much cleaner. When I tried to show her how to polish, she gave up and said to just put the wax on and she`d help buff it off. Oddly enough, she did do the windows which I can`t stand to do.

After that episode, if I can`t get to her car, she takes it to the car wash. Luckily she has a silver car so it doesn`t look too bad.

She is really good about letting me do what I want though. She never complains about me detailing and always complements me on how good the car looks afterwards.

Michael

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by HellrotCi

Another problem I have is my wife, of 17 years, hasn`t mastered the art of mind reading.
    Bet she has. She just doesn`t let you know it.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Ditto on that mudhole stuff. AAARRRGGHHH! That is so much like my wife it`s scary! :scared

Post Thanks / Like
    but my husband does! He usually does the interior work - vacuuming, shampooing, etc. and leaves the paint to me. I`m hoping with the PC that I can get him to try it and help with the paint. At least he doesn`t make fun of my "obsession". He likes having a clean vehicle.
    Dawn
    `01 Buick Regal GS - Charcoal grey - GONE
    `01 Ford Ranger XLT - Dark blue
    `05 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Stone White

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by RegalGS

but my husband does! He usually does the interior work - vacuuming, shampooing, etc. and leaves the paint to me. I`m hoping with the PC that I can get him to try it and help with the paint. At least he doesn`t make fun of my "obsession". He likes having a clean vehicle.

Looks like we are polar opposites. :p Long time no see, by the way. Spring is coming and Mamma Inez is only a couple months away. :bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    My hubby will help with the washing, polishing, waxing, if I ask nicely and not too often.

I like hockey and football more than him too, but that doesn`t mean I like those sports very much.

I like auto racing, and he couldn`t care less. And his name is Stirling, after Stirling Moss. Even sitting in Stirling Moss`s car at the age of four didn`t get him interested in racing.:nixweiss
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.

--Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information