Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Even sitting in Stirling Moss`s car at the age of four didn`t get him interested in racing.

Wow :nixweiss

Many years ago when I first met my girlfriend/wife she helped me clean the wheels on my BMW and that was it. Never helped again, not really a bad thing as she did a terrible job.

Steven

Post Thanks / Like
    NOT A CHANCE

She thinks i am a bit weird for spending so much time on it as it is!

but as usual she likes her car looking clean so guess who has to do that for her?

Mike

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Add mine to the list of "not a snowball`s chance in hell" list... She loves it when I get her car all clean, despite the fact that it only lasts about 5 minutes, and she doesn`t really care. I`m like, "I just spent 6 hours on this car, and you go mudding in it??"

Women... can`t live with `em, can`t live without `em.... :argue

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife just doesn`t understand the art of detailing a vehicle properly. Dishwashing detergent, an old sponge and an old bathtowel to dry and she feels she`s done a great job. Just doesn`t share in this obssesion.

Post Thanks / Like
    my boyfriend is a bit afraid of messing his car up, but loves a clean, detailed car. He`s not afraid of the work, just terrified of more swirls. I boss, he listens.

We both love driving, racing, etc... I`ve actually adopted his loves and he`s taken on some of mine (then again, I`m not a `typical` sort of female... shopping ain`t my thing, etc.).

Post Thanks / Like
    My girl supports it all the way, She has bought me tons of the detail stuff I have

Got to love her
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

Looks like we are polar opposites. :p Long time no see, by the way. Spring is coming and Mamma Inez is only a couple months away. :bounce

Hey Anthony... I`ve been around, just mostly lurking. You`re right, though, spring is coming. At least I hope. I can feel the grit on my paint, and it`s been toooo cold to do anything with it. Oh well, a nice lunch at Mama Inez will warm me up enough for buffing! :xyxthumbs And the inside... ooooh, she needs a deep cleaning! "Oh hooooneeeey!"

Dawn
    Dawn
    `01 Buick Regal GS - Charcoal grey - GONE
    `01 Ford Ranger XLT - Dark blue
    `05 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Stone White

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

Add mine to the list of "not a snowball`s chance in hell" list... She loves it when I get her car all clean, despite the fact that it only lasts about 5 minutes, and she doesn`t really care. I`m like, "I just spent 6 hours on this car, and you go mudding in it??"

My wife is the same way..I will detail the Jeep, she says "thanks, Hon....it looks sweeet!" Then she runs a few errands and it looks like she hit every puddle between here and eternity. However.... try walking into the house with a little mud on your shoes..she gets all upset! Go figure....

Post Thanks / Like
    Add me to the list of LUCKY ones!!!

My wife wants to help as much as she can. She will be out there wiping the wax off, cleaning the inside etc... while I use the buffer. I am truly lucky!! She even loves my other passion(besides detailing) ---Fishing!

She will spend hours in the boat without complaining at all. She will only complains if we have to go to shore and the fish are biting (our wedding march song was: Nitty Gritty Dirt Band-"Fishing In the Dark"! )

She also does not look at me like I am crazy when I go to car shows and look at the wax jobs; she actually points out the bad ones to me!!!:xyxthumbs

For the non-lucky ones I will be thinking about you...while my wife and I go put on another coat of S100!!! :p

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm...I was thinking about posting to see how many of you have wives that get mad that you spend too much time detailing.In all fairness my wife keeps her car clean and used to wash it regularly until we got a new one, which I won`t let her do.She tends to be harsh on the paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    luster i have a wife like yours. I can even add one more thing to your list though, SEX. I have the sweetest southern babe in the world who works with me 12 hours a day and still loves me.She never complains and we both feel so lucky to be sharing our lives together.

Oh I'll Bring the Shizzle Nagchampa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    She helps me alright. I clean it and she gives me plenty to clean.
    "Never walk into an environment and assume that you understand it better than the people who live there." - Kofi Annan after his first frigid Minnesota winter

Post Thanks / Like
    Jennifer even does windows.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    No interest whatsoever! My wife does compliment me on the care of the cars and enjoys driving a car she gets comments on--but the only thing I get from her is SOME understanding of the time and effort I spend detailing. Some dissagreements do result when we have a difference of opinion on how a nice, warm weekend day should be spent. It is really about balancing time with her and time detailing.

We will be moving from our apartment to a new home in May--with a two car detached garage, so I am already trying to prepare her for "garage time":bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife is lie guitarman`s, likes it clean, but wont` do the work. She`d be happy to go through the soft cloth automatic wash, if I did not forbid it. She generally don`t mind me washing every once in a while, but usually she thinks it is overkill and takes time away from being with her.

At least she passes on the complements from co-workers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information