Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I want an orbital. blah.

Either tomorrow or Saturday, I`m gonna redo my `Bring. Dawn wash (again), SMR, AIO, SG, P21S (I managed to swirl it to hell with crappy towels...). I would, of course, like to do this in a manner other than by hand.

So, my question is (and I know it is somewhat of a repeat, but I`d still like to ask): those "other orbitals" ("Waxmaster", etc... you know, the ones that are readily available at Autozone / Pep Boys), are they any good? Just how much better are PC`s? Is it worth the $60 gap or so?

Post Thanks / Like
    The cheaper orbital buffers will work for applying wax or sealant, but they are virtually useless for swirl removal. The motor isn`t strong enough for that.

If swirl removal is your plan the PC is the machine you will need.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Professional Detailer detailbarn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes the PC is really worth it you will love the machine , I think Lowes has them for close to $100.00

Post Thanks / Like
    hmm, gotta find out about Lowe`s now...

And if I do get one, it`d be... get the velcro plate and a few white / grey pads from CMA?

Post Thanks / Like
    Lowes sells the PC 7336SP for $109. I would suggest getting the DM kit from CMA. It has the backing plate, and all the pads you will need.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, just found that.

But, I guess if I were to get that and the kit from CMA, it`d be running kinda close to the $150 that CMA charges for the "Ultimate Detailing Machine" kit, wouldn`t it?

Okay, thanks, everybody.

Post Thanks / Like
    What`s up with this week? Polaris, you`re the third person this week to ask about these cheaper orbitals. Wierdness.... :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    lol yeah it is weird... just after I posted this thread, I went back to the University and found another "cheaper orbital" thread about ten down from mine.

But as far as the orbital goes, I`m probably either gonna go PC or none at all. As for my plans this weekend, it`s gonna be all by hand again. Can`t wait.

Post Thanks / Like
    I may be mistaken, but I think the PC 7336 that Lowe`s sells

already has the backing plate on it. I think all you would need

to buy is the pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    The PC 7336SP does come with a backing plate, but it won`t work with polishing pads. The stock plate is not hook and loop design, in fact it`s not even designed for polishing it`s designed for sanding. The polishing head that comes with the 7336 is virtually useless. In short, you need a new velcro backing plate. :p

Post Thanks / Like
    Buy better towels. I got mine from JTInternational. Some people here have gotten them from Pakshak or others. I know there`s a surge of people falling for these allegedly OK wal-mart towels, but don`t do it. Besides, you can pay an extra 50 cents per towel and get some good ones.

As per the buffer, I don`t know any more than anyone else (less really, but I put on a good face). The PC7424 isn`t overpriced by any means. Go with the industry standard, I say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Polaris

Either tomorrow or Saturday, I`m gonna redo my `Bring. Dawn wash (again), SMR, AIO, SG, P21S (I managed to swirl it to hell with crappy towels...). I would, of course, like to do this in a manner other than by hand.

Why are you going to Dawn wash it? It`s not needed, and unnecessarily harsh. Just do a regular wash. The SMR will remove anything that is left behind. In my opinion the little extra it costs for a PC is money well spent. Its a great little machine, you cant compare the cheaper orbitals with it, its that good.

Post Thanks / Like
    eh, my bad... good point. Screw the dawn.

Yup, if/when I get a buffer, it`s gonna be a PC. Probably the "ultimate detailing machine" from CMA.

My dad picked up a Bissell Little Green today... anyone have any experience with that?

Those towels I used... omg, they suck. I`m burning those things. So, don`t worry about that. :bounce

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Polaris

Those towels I used... omg, they suck. I`m burning those things. So, don`t worry about that. :bounce
    No need for that.

Just give them to your ex-girlfriends new boyfriend.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Good idea.

Problem is, my ex`s most recent "new boyfriend", last I knew, has no interest in taking care of a car. Or his girlfriend. Or himself. Heh. (This was years ago, btw)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information