Post Thanks / Like
    I feel so guilty to my Zymol roots!

I went to the local harley dealer this morning and spent $24 on some SEPC and some of the wax. I plan on SMRing the jetta, following up with SEPC (is this really necessary?) and then topping with s100 wax. However, I`m not going to do the SEPC or wax over the freshly painted section, I`ll just SMR and IHG that part.

I truely hope I don`t like this stuff as much as the zymol, but since you all talk about it all the time, I was feeling left out, so I decided to get some.

I still have my $40 can of Zymol Carbon from two years ago sitting in my fridge.

I plan on doing half the hood with the zymol wax and the other half with the s100, and then in a month (well if I still have the car in a month) see which one beads the water better. Regardless what everyone else seems to say on here, I waxed the BMW in the beginning of November with Zymol, and even now, after being driven through all the storms and salt, the water beads perfectly.

So, this should be interesting. I`m excited to see the results!

And while I have your attention, on a car that stays outside all the time, should I use the s100 wax or the 3M Show Car Paste wax that I have? I`m starting to like that wax too, as a cheaper alternative to zymol.

Thanks!

- Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    One more thing, I will say though that the Zymol sure smells a hell of a lot better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah ****! I just took a closer look at the wax, and sure enough the canister is cracked.

Back to fairfax I go.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll be interested in the replies here. I am going to stop by a Harley dealer this afternoon and pick up some P100s myself this afternoon. I`ve been researching this topic for a few days now. I`m convinced this is the stuff to go with now.

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah my harley dealer doesnt carry SEPC

Post Thanks / Like
    Shiny Lil Detailer...Mine didn`t either but they can order it for you from the Harley catalog.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

yeah my harley dealer doesnt carry SEPC
    Order it through www.harley-davidson.com

Charles:wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright, well I just got done doing the hood. SMR, SEPC, and S100.

Most of the time was spent with the SMR, and wow did it turn out great. I then applied the SEPC and didn`t notice anything visually change, only that the surface was even smoother. Then I did one coat of s100 wax over the whole hood, slick as butter.

However, I can`t tell a damned difference comared to zymol, other than the zymol was a little "stickier" after I applied the wax. Also, I think the HD-Cleanse deepens the paint a little bit, whereas the SEPC doesn`t. But, the SEPC applied like butter, and came off like butter too!

As for the s100 wax, I find it just as easy to remove as Zymol Carbon. I really can`t tell a difference.

Maybe I really didn`t see a difference because my paint was in great condition already, being as one month ago I did HD-Cleanse and Zymol Carbon.

Who knows, let`s see how it stands up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now all you need is some Klasse under that S100.
    Andre`

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t get SEPC, but I did get s100, which is what I used today, the ease with which the s100 went on, and more importantly, off, was simply incredible. It also seemed to bring out the metal flecks in my paint out more than my previous wax (meguiars gold class). I may have to go take some pictures of my car now

Post Thanks / Like
    adg44- For the car that sits outside, neither the S100 or the 3M will last as long as Collinite ( sorry, I couldn`t resist!).

I get pretty good durability with the 3M, but others don`t. Whichever one you decide to go with, I`d say do one panel/section with the OTHER wax so you can compare durability. That way not only will you KNOW which one`s best for the application, but you won`t be second-guessing yourself with coulda/woulda/shoulda. What color is the outside car?

On your Zymol/S100 comparison, I`d say that the Zymol`s being "stickier" might be a indication that the S100`s gonna be better. The HD Cleanse is supposedly a little more aggressive than the SEPC, that might explain the "deeper" look. I wonder if the SEPC would strip whatever the HD Cleanse leaves behind, as in trying SEPC over the HDC :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    If i am not mistaken, P21s and S100 and in double containers. there is the large outside and a smaller container inside. If you tighten the lid a bit more, you can feel the inside container twist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ejant

It must have taken quite a shock to crack the container. I dropped mine once on a concrete floor from waist height and it survived.
    Hmm, maybe it survived because of its apparent double hull construction?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jon S

If i am not mistaken, P21s and S100 and in double containers. there is the large outside and a smaller container inside. If you tighten the lid a bit more, you can feel the inside container twist.

you are exactly correct. I had the outside of a container break, then i noticecd there were 2 containers! 1 to contain the wax, and 1 to contain the container

One of my other jars doesn`t have the inside container pushed down all the way. Looks kinda like a double jar of s100.

Thread Information