Post Thanks / Like
    After cleaning the film on the inside of the windows of my truck I noticed small (short) scratches all over the area. I used Plexus and a MF towel. These scatches look almost like stress cracks (if that makes any sense). They are most visible in the sunlight. I live in Arizona, the home of the tinted widows and sunlight. Anyone have a reaction to this before?

The only thing I can think of is maybe there was dust (Arizona remember) on the film which I ground (yikes) into the surface. Maybe if I used a small CD first to remove the dust particles?? Can these scratches be removed with added applications of Plexus??

Thanks, I`m perPLEXED (sorry)
    Be Nice

Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of MF towel? It`s possible the towel did the damage. I have found window films are very pressure sensitive, apply too much pressure with the wrong towel and you will get scratch city.

I would not try removing the marks with something more abrasive, you will just cause more damage to the window film. I don`t think Plexus will do the trick, it`s not really made for scratch removal. It`s more of a cleaner/maintainer type of product.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a Pakshak mf towel which IMO is top of the line quality. The towel was used exclusively for Plexus.

Think I will the method I used to clean my eyeglasses--- Rinse with water before cleaning.

Thanks for the reply

Scott
    Be Nice

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm, the towel should have been O.K. then. You were probably right, something was probably present on the glass.

From now on wash the window first with your favorite window cleaner (Tint friendly of course ) then go ahead and Plexus. That should help minimize any future damage.

Good Luck! :up
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a guess, but is it possible you stretched the film. You know how plastic materials discolor when stressed. You even said that they appeared like "stess" marks. Were you pushing hard when wiping? Either way it looks like you will have to live with them or replace the film.
    99 Jetta

02 WRX

Growl Boxer Growl

Post Thanks / Like
    :doh

Sorry I ever doubted you Plexus..

Come to find out, in my haste to try out plexus for the first time, I used a new microfiber towel. The tiny "scratches" were merely the loose fibers from the towel. They brushed off easily the next time I washed the interior windows.

Sorry, I know better than to use a new MF (unwashed)
    Be Nice

Thread Information