Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I know Armor All is probably a no-no, but just for example, they used to make a "low gloss" that I liked a lot more than the regular. I`ve heard that their products will promote drying/cracking of the dash, so I don`t want that. That`s the type of thing I want though. I don`t like the greasy, cause-a-glare-on-your-windshield, slippery, shiny, dash-type of products. I`ve been using Westley`s, but from some searching I see that isn`t a preferred product. I`ve seen mention of 303 and Meguires. I`ve used the Meguires, but it`s still a little too shiny. Any suggestions for that classy, clean, not shiny, no greasy buildup look? Or tricks on how to get it?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    How about a clean, damp cloth?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Zaino Z-10 "Leather-in-a-bottle"....

It gives the dash, steering wheel and leather seats a "satin" finish and has that great leather aroma.

Everyone has their own personal preference, but I like the Z-10.

Here`s what Sal Zaino says about it:

Z-10 Leather in a Bottleâ„¢ Treatment and Conditioner contains a perfectly balanced, solvent-free blend of special oils and other natural nutritives, which penetrates, softens and preserves the leather. We also added Ultra-Gardâ„¢ our total UV protector (40) and our exclusive real leather oil concentrate. This feeds and enhances the leather scent, to give your vehicle that great new leather smell. Just wipe on and let dry, no buffing is necessary. It leaves a non-oily, non-greasy, non-sticky, stain repelling, natural luster and restores the warm supple, soft feel, and smell of fine leather. Does a great job on vinyl interiors and dashboards too.
    Bill Luster

`00 Trans Am / `82 Vette

Click here for:Bill`s Pictures

Post Thanks / Like
    I liked the low-gloss ArmorAll too before I learned more about it. Now I use 303 Protectant and love it on the dash and interior trim. The smell doesn`t bother me, but it does go away quickly. I just spray it on the surface and buff it off. It leaves a nice satin look.

I likke Z10 as well, but think it is a waste on the dash. Kind of expensive, even compared to 303.

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally think 303 is the best protectant for the interior...period. However, if you are looking for a great low gloss protectant then 303 might be the ONLY product to consider. It can be used for many, many other uses and if you apply it to the applicator then a little goes a long way. Smell....if you don`t stick your nose in the bottle it is barely noticeable after application.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another vote for 303. It`s the best new thing I have bought for my interior in years.

I don`t notice a smell at all with it. Not good, not bad, just neutral which is what I like.

Vinylex is good too, but it smells horrible. and it`s shinier than 303.

303 just makes the dash look like new. No excessive shine and no grease like Armor All.
    2001 Black Onyx Lexus IS300

Swift Racing Intake, HKS Exhaust

19" Gewalt Evo II`s My Car

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a note, if the Meguiar`s product you`ve tried was Gold Class Vinyl and Rubber, then I`m not surprised you found it too shiny. It is shiny and greasy and I only use it on tires now. #40 is much nicer and it isn`t greasy or slick feeling. It does have that same chemically smell, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    303 and a Microfiber Towel!!!!!! :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the texture and matte finish of black interior of my BMW and the only product I use is 303. I wouldn`t stand shiny dash!

To make sure surface is the way I like it I do the following:

1. Apply 303 to foam applicator (I use Meguiar`s wax applicators)

and wipe interior with even strokes.

2. Let it sit for 15-30 minutes and wipe thoroughly with damp microfiber towel.

I use 303 on both vinyl and leather every 8 weeks and wipe it with damp MF weekly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info guys! I`ll give that 303 a shot when I find it. Not too keen on putting stinky things in my car, but the Westley`s doesn`t exactly smell like a spring rain either. Looks like I can order it at the same site that sells the Black Fire products I`m planning to order. Even better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try black magic dashboard protectant.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m new to this site and have to admit I`m not well informed.

So, the "stupid" question is: What is 303? Is that a brand name or how/where do I find it?

Thanks, JimS
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can often find 303 at marine, boating, and RV stores (as well as Quik and Easy Wash). Also, True Value Hardware carries 303 products. If your local True Value does not have it on the shelf, they can order it for you and at least you won`t have to pay shipping.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like AutoGlym Leather Care Creme Conditioner... good for vinyl, too.

--Alf

Post Thanks / Like
    303 Products web site - As mentioned we are refering to the Aerospace protectant.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information