Post Thanks / Like
    Have any of you used either of these 2 products to repair paint chips? If so, which did you use and what did you think of it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m going to order the chip magic and try it out this week.

Alex

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used the Langka on my Z3 with mixed results. Where the paint chips are in metal everything came out fine, but on plastic parts such as the bumper cover my repairs came out a bit darker than the original paint. This may not have anything to do with the Langka. I do know that the 45 minute paint dry time before using the Langka is way too short if the weather is cold and damp, 3 hours works better for me. If the paint is not dry enough you end up rubbing it back out of the chip and you have to start over again. Also, on deep chips you will have to make multiple applications of the touch up paint, it shrinks when drying and one paint application will not fill properly...Michael P.
    1899 Leggett / 1919 Model T Touring

1931 Model A Sedan / 1996 BMW Z3

Other Boring Modern Iron

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used Langka and I am satisfied with it`s results. Is it perfect? No, but I think alot has to do with the fact I have metallic paint. It would probably work perfectly on a solid colored paint. But I agree with mpawelek that you have to let the touch-up dry much longer than 45 minutes before applying the Langka.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Langka. It isn`t perfect, but it`s way better than a blob of touch up paint.

Don`t worry about letting it dry too long. It will still take off old touch up paint months later. Just requires a little extra rubbing.
    2001 Black Onyx Lexus IS300

Swift Racing Intake, HKS Exhaust

19" Gewalt Evo II`s My Car

Post Thanks / Like
    ShineShop posted a pretty detailed step-by-step on chip repair awhile back.

Chip repair

It sounds like it`s pretty similar to the Langka or Chip Magic stuff. I`m going to try this technique this spring since I don`t want to order one of the Langka kits. I can get all the stuff listed on ShineShop`s thread locally, which is always nice.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by AkronSi

since I don`t want to order one of the Langka kits.
    Mother`s has the Langka type kit available at lots of auto supply stores. While I don`t know anything about the business dealings, it appears to be the same product under Mother`s brand now. Mother`s probably bought the rights to the Langka product.

My results have varied as well. So far I am happy with the stuff. I think any problems I have had are operator errors. One nice thing about it, if you don`t like the result, it is easy to do over.

Charles :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 4runner with metailc paint and Langka did OK. The metalic touch-up paint stratifies as it dries. Eventhough the Langka does it`s job it doesn`t porvide great results with my metalic paint.

CAUTIONARY NOTE: my touch-up paint when used on painted platic actually softened the existing paint. The Langka did not provide good results. I almost removed some existing paint and the areas I repaired are darker than the orginal paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to tell you, I consider myself pretty adept at touch ups and the Langka theory is a simple one but I have never had that system work well for me. I find it a big waste of money.:down
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Thread Information