Post Thanks / Like
    Question for the expert P21s users.

What`s the best way to apply GEPC / SEPC ?

Apply to one panel at a time and buff immediately

or

apply and leave on for some time to absorb the product.

I did a search but found little about GEPC`s application

for best results.

thks

rd

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    No expert here. The weather has been so crappy since I got my SEPC that it hasn`t been used.

Being kind of "old school", I tend to follow the manufacturers instructions. My SEPC says to apply and buff off, nothing about waiting or cure time. Since the S100 works so well with the wipe on, wipe off method, I think that will be the way I use the SEPC.

How about a test on a couple of sections? Do 1/2 the hood, wipe on, wipe off, 1/2 apply and let set before wiping off.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, there is no "cure time" with polishes. Use GEPC just like every other polish: Apply sparingly, work in fully, back and forth motions, one small section at a time. Nothing magical about its use.

When used with a PC and a polishing pad GEPC is terrific just before wax or sealant. Really adds a greater dimension of gloss.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    bret, u mention use before a sealant..... would u still do a dawn wash? Wouldn`t that wash all the oils off that u say is creating a higher level of gloss?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by AlBoston

bret, u mention use before a sealant..... would u still do a dawn wash? Wouldn`t that wash all the oils off that u say is creating a higher level of gloss?

Yeah I`d wash off the polish residue prior to sealant but I don`t think Dawn is a requirement, any car shampoo will do fine.

The polishing agents are producing the shine for the most part, not the oils left behind. Besides, the sealant you are using should provide the gloss you are looking for.

I don`t wash when using a carnauba because the carrier agents will remove any remaining polish residue and the polish oils will just blend into the wax oils.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Most polishing is work. It is not wipe on and wipe off or let dry to a haze. Thats why we love our PC`s. With a polish only use a very small amount and WORK it until about 90% of the product is gone and the shine is coming through and then buff off the residue.

Now I have not used GEPC but most polishes are about three times the work of a wax.

just my two cents

Post Thanks / Like
    The last time I used P21S GEPC I used my PC with the white pad from CMA. I used very little on each section, really working it in until almost all of the polish was gone and then buffed off the remainder. It really works great as a final polish.

Here is a pic of the end results with Platinum polish and Platinum Sealant applied after the GEPC.

Cheers,

My Black 7 Series

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by rightlane

Now I have not used GEPC but most polishes are about three times the work of a wax.

just my two cents
    Are GEPC and SEPC considered polishes? I thought they were just cleaners. They would remove surface contamination, but do nothing for imperfections or swirls. Am I wrong? (Again)

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to butt in and take this kind off off-track, BUT

AMP99 every time you post that picture, it makes me want to shed a tear and drink to Autopia`s health and conquest of the car detailing world! Amazing work bud!

*End of emotions*

Post Thanks / Like
    500amg,

Thanks for the kind words! :xyxthumbs

I agree about Autopia. I have always been into detailing cars but since I came across Autopia, I really have learned alot. Most of all, I have learned to try new ways of detailing and new products with the advice, help and camaraderie of all the fellow Autopians.

CharlesW,

P21S GEPC, in my opinion, is a paint cleaner that also is a great final polish. It is one of my favorite products for sure.

Thanks to everyone here at Autopia!

Cheers,

My Black 7 Series

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    AMP99:

Your procedure is pretty close to what I had in mind for my SEPC. I have read where it gives great results when used with AIO. I plan on using the SEPC, AIO, and then the UPP. If I can come anywhere close to what you achieved, I will very happy.

Just to be sure, the CMA white pad is the polishing pad, right? I happen to use Meguiar`s pads and their polishing pad is yellow.

Charles:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I used P21S GEPC with the white CMA pad right before I zainoed, didn`t wash the car before the zaino, just used some z6 spray. The shine looks great and seems ok, I wouldn`t wash the car after GEPC.

Alex

Post Thanks / Like
    what speed did you use with PC to apply GEPC/SEC?

I have 7336 and planning to use SEC with PC on CMA white pad.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used 3.5 just because on the CMA website it mentioned it in the tutorial. Somewhere around 3-4 seems fine to me.

Alex

Thread Information