Post Thanks / Like
    recently I found "self serivce car wash facility" at my local. $2 for 4 min. It was first time I tried today..My plan was ...rince the all the dirt and salt etc..then wash with Z7..then rince them all...Since I`m living at apt complex I thought it is best place to car wash. but I realize that once I start rincing my car, I can`t stop water running. so ended up with no Z7..I even brought my buckets but it was useless.

ANybody goes those facility to do your car wash? I was there for like 10min and the guy who is waiting next was giving me the pressure. I was just newb there..

are those good place to car wash?

Post Thanks / Like
    It is just fine if there are not people waiting. There usually are signs posted that say "No bucket washing while people are in line".

Being PC at the carwash sounds corny, but if you want to hand wash, just go at a less busy time.

CAD

Post Thanks / Like
    I go around 1130 PM or at 5:01 in the AM when they open up. My hoses always freeze, and I`m opn a driveway so I cant have ice... PLEASE NEVER USE THE BRUSH!

I usually hand wash it 3-4 times b/c of all the road grime, salt and what not.
    Get out and Detail your car TODAY!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by MildSeven

recently I found "self serivce car wash facility" at my local. $2 for 4 min. It was first time I tried today..My plan was ...rince the all the dirt and salt etc..then wash with Z7..then rince them all...Since I`m living at apt complex I thought it is best place to car wash. but I realize that once I start rincing my car, I can`t stop water running. so ended up with no Z7..I even brought my buckets but it was useless.

ANybody goes those facility to do your car wash? I was there for like 10min and the guy who is waiting next was giving me the pressure. I was just newb there..

are those good place to car wash?

I go at 6:30-7AM when no one is there. I use the spot free rinse and only the low pressure setting. I found that Mothers Trigger Wash and a good 100% cotton wash mitt (that I presoak and put in a ziplock) allows me to avoid bucket washing at the coin op wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by MildSeven

but I realize that once I start rincing my car, I can`t stop water running.

They are all like that. The clock keeps running. So you`ll just need to bring another $2 to pop in when it`s time to rinse the carwash off.

And I second the common courtesy at the carwash. If everyone bucket washed, it would take hours to get through there. Go when there`s no line.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, I`ll go early in the morning next time. but where do you get water in the bucket? from the hose? or water faucet (I dont remember I saw any)?

Post Thanks / Like
    i am experienced at this.

Ever since water restrictions (drought) have started i have gone to a self serve car wash.

I costs $1 for 2 minutes. I can rinse the car in that time. So it works out at $2 a wash.

Im lucky i have a tap nearby i fill my bucket up with, and wet my chamois.

i got at 8-11pm at night, no one is there, and if there is somone behind me, i finsh quicky and dry the car elsewhere.

i think though, im not sure, that the high pressure is taking the wax off.

is it?
    One of the Original Autopians !!!

Thread Information