Post Thanks / Like
    So... yeah. Wash > Clay > SMR > AIO > SG > P21S, right? (I`m thinking of starting over sometime soon).

Question is: washing and claying is for obvious reasons, as is SMR to polish / remove swirls and/or light scratches. Should I still use AIO for a *paint cleaner* and not just as an SG base coat?

(What I`m asking is, is it really necessary to use a *paint cleaner* (AIO) after clay and SMR? Hope you know what I`m saying... lol)

Post Thanks / Like
    No, not really. As a cleaner, it`s now a redundant step. You can go right to SG.:up
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    I say do it, the AIO is the foundation for the SG, I hear its noticeably better with it done before SG, gets the paint completely clear and squeaky clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    I WOULD go with AIO. Here`s why, with the process you outlined the oils in SMR could cause bonding issues with the Klasse SG. A nice coat of AIO in between SMR and SG will remove any oils from the SMR and resolve any possible bonding concerns for the SG. :up
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by breakneckvtec

I say do it, the AIO is the foundation for the SG, I hear its noticeably better with it done before SG, gets the paint completely clear and squeaky clean.

Ah, it`s all rumour and marketing!

Truthfully, do what you want, but I used AIO and SG for years and did bucketloads of tests and just never saw the difference in looks and never had bonding issues with acrylics. (If it were a polymer it would be a different story)

Oh well!:nixweiss
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, everyone. If/when I do it, it`s gonna be AIO. =)

hrm... well, I know that Klasse is an acrylic. For some reason, I also considered it a polymer, like Z or BF or whatnot. It`s funny, I never realized that Klasse is an ACRYLIC unlike the rest until you just mentioned that about acrylics having no bonding problems.

Dur.

Oh, yeah, another thing: yeah, I know it`s all subjective, but have any of you actually *used* Klasse, and *used* Zaino, and have a definite preference? Any certain reason why? I`ve never seen a Z`d car, so I wouldn`t know. Mine`s black, btw.

Post Thanks / Like
    It was described to me that klasse makes your car look like a polished rock. Zaino gives a wet car look. I hear also that klasse may look a little blah on dark cars, mines blue and I hear klasse is killer on blue. I think it depends on the look your going for. Klasse may look good on a dark car, only one way to find out for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Polaris

Oh, yeah, another thing: yeah, I know it`s all subjective, but have any of you actually *used* Klasse, and *used* Zaino, and have a definite preference? Any certain reason why? I`ve never seen a Z`d car, so I wouldn`t know. Mine`s black, btw.

Klasse is a very durable, glossy, and hard finish. I do like it a lot. Very good stuff.

But one by one, Zaino has replaced it on all my cars. More durable in my opinion, better gloss. No question that the FEEL and SLICKNESS of the finish is superior. The Z6 quick detailer and the Z7 shampoo compliment the sealant in a huge way and add much to keeping the slickness and rejuvinate the look and feel constantly. Thanks to ZFX I find it much easier to add a layers when I want. It buffs off a LOT easier than Klasse. After a few layers of Klasse I felt the advantage was negligible. With Zaino, the effect keeps amplifying layer after layer.

I have thirty plus waxes and sealants at my disposal and have tested and used all of them extesively. I stick with the ones I believe in. So far Zaino is what is on my cars.

If something better comes along I have no problem moving on. That`s what I did with Klasse.
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, like I said, mine`s black and it does have a very... well, "polished rock" look to it. Looks good, though. But personally, I think I`d like the wet car sort of thing better.

Which is an additional reason I have for topping w/ P21S.

Meanwhile, I want to try Z now.

Decisions, decisions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since your car is black, I would suggest that you top Klasse with P21S to really acheive that wet look while also amplifying the reflections as well.

Here are a couple of shots of my Jet Black BMW using SMR followed by AIO, and then topped with P21S.

Cheers,

My Black 7 Series

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Brad B.

But one by one, Zaino has replaced it on all my cars. More durable in my opinion, better gloss. No question that the FEEL and SLICKNESS of the finish is superior. The Z6 quick detailer and the Z7 shampoo compliment the sealant in a huge way and add much to keeping the slickness and rejuvinate the look and feel constantly. Thanks to ZFX I find it much easier to add a layers when I want. It buffs off a LOT easier than Klasse. After a few layers of Klasse I felt the advantage was negligible. With Zaino, the effect keeps amplifying layer after layer.

I have thirty plus waxes and sealants at my disposal and have tested and used all of them extesively. I stick with the ones I believe in. So far Zaino is what is on my cars.

I`ve decided to try Zaino this coming spring, just out of curiosity, I like the way it looks on certain colors, but later on I started to think - why mess with a good thing, I`m happy with my routine and started having my doubts.

Well, Brad pretty much answered all my questions. I know I have to try Zaino.

Thanks again Brad!:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Polaris

I`ve recently switched my black car over to Zaino (again!) and couldn`t be happier. I haven`t tried as many different products as Mr. Concours (BradB.) but I have tried quite a few, including Klasse, on this car. As much as I like the way Klasse, Blitz, P21S, 3M, 1Z, BF & a few others made the car look, I find that I keep coming back to Zaino...primarily for the same reasons Brad listed above.

Also, I was worried about the "sterility" of shine that is occasionally associated with Z on black, but I haven`t noticed that. Also, I think you`ll be pleased with the extra `pop` in shine a Z`d car has in the evenings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, ty for the thoughts/opinions/ideas/ everything. I`m thinking that as soon as I get new tires put on, I`m gonna start from scratch; clay and SMR (both for the first time on an otherwise well-maintained finish), basically.

Yeah, P21S is a godsend. I love it and use it as a topper on my black `Bring. Except I managed to get some streaks because I put too much on last time. Dumbass me

Thread Information