Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m looking for an amazing, yet subtle scent. I mean one that will have people itching to get into my car so they can breathe the great smelling air. I`ve sniffed every cheap air freshener out there and those things are pitiful. I want something that smells real, not artificial and cheap. Any ideas?? Maybe a leather conditioner? Or a certain popuri (I know the spelling is wrong but I have no idea how to spell it)? Anything other than cheap chemical smell that will give my interior personality. PLEASE HELP!
    -Chuckmotor

Oh I'll Bring the Shizzle Nagchampa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A friend of mine who dislikes the scent of car air fresheners uses a fabric softener sheet under the seat.

Everybody likes the smell of fresh laundry.
    "Never walk into an environment and assume that you understand it better than the people who live there." - Kofi Annan after his first frigid Minnesota winter

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino smells good. Just don`t sniff too much. :bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    An old-fashioned way to add a nice smell to the house is to hang up an orange into which a few whole cloves have been stuck.
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.

--Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    My personal preference is the Yankee Candle Car-In-a-Jar ! You can find them wherever Yankee Candles are sold. The one I like and use is McIntosh - smells just like a fresh basket of apples! Doesn`t smell perfumey or too strong, like those ones you get in the convenience stores. I think they even have one that is a leather scent.

I don`t hang it on my rear-view mirror, I just lay it in the tray under my radio. Smells great! :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TurboCat

My personal preference is the Yankee Candle Car-In-a-Jar ! You can find them wherever Yankee Candles are sold. The one I like and use is McIntosh - smells just like a fresh basket of apples! Doesn`t smell perfumey or too strong, like those ones you get in the convenience stores. I think they even have one that is a leather scent.

I don`t hang it on my rear-view mirror, I just lay it in the tray under my radio. Smells great! :up

I use them also, get a "Midsummers Night" one. It has a good sent...
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    The smell of leather is always appealing. I thought I`ve read that the Zaino and the Pinnacle conditioners have good leathery smells. I`ve also heard Car Brite makes a leather conditioner that smells just like a leather shop. But I`ve never used them, so look into it first.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another Yankee candle user. Yankee Candle also makes air freshers for cars, closets, small spaces etc. These are sometimes hard to find.

I also like potpourri because of the many scents that are available( Bath & Body Works, Health foods stores, speciality home stores, etc). Another good thing about potpourri is the fact that one can re-enhance fragrance simply by placing in microwave for a few seconds to warm up the oils (fragrance) periodically (once a month).Place some in a small Zip lock bag, vent and place under seat or any hidden area.:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s potpourri guys. Pot-Pour-Ri.

I havn`t used any air freshener for a while... my sister loves the yankee candle stuff and I think we have a store around here... maybe I`ll give that a try.

I`d never thought of the bounce sheet idea... that would work too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the idea of the Bounce sheets... I might give that a try. I`ve never heard of Yankee candles, but I`ll search for them on google to find out what they`re about.
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t found anything that lasts more than a few days. I`ve seen some scented `gravel` in ash trays that smell nice, I`ll have to ask the customers who use it where they got it.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

I haven`t found anything that lasts more than a few days. I`ve seen some scented `gravel` in ash trays that smell nice, I`ll have to ask the customers who use it where they got it.

why do I have visions of kitty litter in an ashtray in my head????

:wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    For those of you interested in the Yankee Candle Car In A Jar, Yankee Candle has stores in many malls (sometimes called Plymouth Candle), and I`ve also seen them in Cracker Barrel Restaurants (in the general store), Hallmark stores and sometimes big lawn and garden centers.

www.yankeecandle.com has a store locator.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like California Scents. My favorite one is Laguna Breeze. I use the regular California Scents rather than the Car ones.

I find they last for at least 60 days and can be picked up at Lowe`s, Kmart, and some Targets for much cheaper than the website.

http://www.clorders.com/californiascents.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    The Yankee Candle factory and HQ is in Deerfield, Massachusetts. The owner of the company is a car nut and he has an automotive museum on the property!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information