Post Thanks / Like
    I really new to the Autopia site. Not near the enthusiast many of you are, but I do the best I can to keep car looking in top condition.

Unfortunately - I have lapses of time between detailing exercises.

I`m looking for suggestions on a plan - based on some of my readings this is what I wanted to do in the future:

1. Wash car (not sure which product) and dry

2. Clay my car

3. Apply AIO - buff

4. Apply GEPC (is this kind of a repeat of 3?)

5. Apply SG (unless others think UPP or Blackfire might be better)

6. Possibly apply P21S

I have a bottle of Meguire`s 34 QD - have not used it much - is this some thing I should consider using everyday? (I also have a California Car Duster I run over my car when I can).

I think my #1 priroty is protection - my guess is with my lapses in between detailing that durability is a good thing. My car is white - my feeling is it will be tough to mke the color deep, so this is my lowest priority.

After the initial detail - I would like to minimize my time cleaning the car - maybe a wash or a QD. I only want to do the major detailing once or twice per year if it can be done.

I do my inside pretty regular (every 2 weeks) and I`m kind of fanatical about my windows.

I have a arelated question - do most people apply the AIO and SG type products the the plastic bumpers, moldings, etc or just the metal. I know those plastic parts are painted, but not sure it is the same as the paint on the metal.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to use GEPC, switch it with AIO. GEPC is a light, kinda glazey cleaner, while AIO is like a cleaner wax. Unless your car is almost brand new it might also benefit from the use of a swirl remover (maybe instead of GEPC) because both AIO and GEPC are very mild.

I wouldn`t use QD every day unless you feel the car needs it. You want to avoid touching the paint whenever possible, as it will minutely accelerate the rate at which you pick up swirls (even if you are careful). QDing after a wash is a good idea though. As you`ve probably found out, a quick CCD pass can really clean up a dusty car (in the summer anyway...).

If you mainly are concerned with protection, then the P21S is optional, as Klasse SG will last longer anyway. Also consider that if you want to add more SG layers once in a while, topping it off with P21S prevents this (or at least makes it trickier).

Thread Information