Thread: Zaino question

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got a black 03 mustang( my first and dream car) and the dealer detailing crew really screwed her up! She has swirls and other light scratches all over her!

My questions is : Will Zaino`s Z2,Z5,Z6 and ZFX take care of those marks and make them really REALLY hard to see? I`d prefer to make them non existant ,but if anything I want a great shine and a smooth swirl free surface!

I f the Zaino won`t get it done what will? I`m talking show car scratch/swirl free finish! Just a big black mirror!

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    To answer your question, no, Zaino will not remove swirls and scratches.

You`ll need to use products and techniques that are dedicated to remove them. It will probably take several products and several steps depending on the extent of the damage.

I highly recommend you purchase the Autopia Guide to Detailing, found at www.autopia-carcare.com . It will give you all the info you need to make your car look its best.

You can also spend some time searching for threads about swirl removal (there are hundreds) and read posts and other info here.

There are no shortcuts to this job. A black car will be much more difficult to get perfect so expect to put a lot of effort into the car. Good luck.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    If Z-5 does not cover your swirl or scratch marks then use a product like 3M Scratch and Swirl Remover.

Post Thanks / Like
    How long will several coats of Z5 keep the car swirl free?
    2006 Limited V6 RAV4

Post Thanks / Like
    It really depends. Your car washing techniques will add most of the swirls so if you wash correctly, you will be fine. If not, you will get swirls immediately.

I`ve found on my dark green car that I can go two months or so before I see light micromarring from car washing and normal driving. But as always, YMMV. There is no hard & fast answer.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Thread Information