I got to try out my sea sponge today. They are the sliced ones.

The first thing I noticed is how much water drains out of them. They hold a lot of water but it is possible to squeeze a lot of the water out so it is pretty much dry. You have to dunk in bucket, squeeze on panel, and then dunk again and start to wipe. By the time you are done washing a lot of the water has drained back out of the sponge. I used more than 5 gallons of water washing my truck.

The sponge also feel funny to wash with. It is hard to described. Something about the way it drags over the paint. It doesn`t seem to contour to the paint as well as a wash mit does.

The sponge also doesn`t like to make as much foam as a cotton wash mit does.

I think I might have to get a whole sponge and see how I like it. I`m not sure how these slices are going to work.

I did a CD test on the sponge today with soap applying normal washing pressure. When I looked at the CD the scratches it produces are long. They go from one side of the CD to the other side of the CD.

I then pulled out my Old Wash mit (around 8 months old) and started scrubbing on the CD with it using normal washing pressure. The scratches it produced are very short. They had a lot of them but they were about an inch or two long as compared to the ones the sponge made, which spanned across the whole CD.

I don`t know which is better though. The sponge made longer scratches but there were fewer of them. The wash mit made small short ones but there were a ton of them. I would like to test out a new cotton wash mit now as well as pull out my old microfiber wash mit and clean it to the best of my ability and CD test it. I know when I did the MF wash mit new it produced only a couple of fine scratches.