Post Thanks / Like
    Is this considered a polish? Was wondering b/c I would like to know if I can just apply Meguiars 26 after the SMR w/o rinsing?

Btw- how long does it usually take to haze so that I can remove it with a terry towel/polishing towel?

Same question for clay & the meg 26? how long before i can remove haze or rinse?

Thanks.:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I recall some of your other posts and you seem to be caught up a lot with this "rinsing" business. Rinsing or washing the car in between steps is totally unnecessary (unless you used the clay wrong and have residue smeared everywhere). If the car didn`t get dirty or dusty in between these processes, don`t waste your time washing it and just move on to the next step.

The product you mention is just referred to here as 3M SMR, and it`s a mild abrasive polish. It also has a bit of glazing action, but many still prefer to apply a glaze prior to a wax. It is definitely worth it, IMO.

You do not have to wait for polishes and stuff to dry or haze over when using them. The only thing that really needs this is the final wax, although some glazes may work better if allowed to dry (it may depend, I`m not sure).

Clay isn`t something you "apply". I noticed that you referred to "applying clay" in your other thread too, but didn`t think anything of it at the time. When you clay, you rub the bar over the paint (like an eraser) and it picks up and holds the contaminants. It shouldn`t rub off or stick to the paint if you do it right.

You may want to re-read some sections on the eBook or some archived threads, as it seems you have the steps down, but are still unsure about the processes and products. Hope this helps, and good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know that the clay is rubbed over the car after wash via qd or lubricant provided. I will prolly rinse off b/c i am working in the back yard and it might get dusty b/c it is windy tomorrow. As for the galze, I did not pick it up this time. what glaze do you recommend that is over the counter? I will work with what i have this time.

wash, clay, rinse, polish, wax. Thanks for your help..:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    A good glaze that`s gathering a bigger following here as more people try it is Mothers` glaze that you can buy at lots of places. Not too pricey, works well, and is easy to find. Just put some of this on (it doesn`t need to be worked in) after polishing with SMR.

Thread Information