Post Thanks / Like
    I use a DeWalt rotary and I am looking for a product that is as mild as Meguiars Swirl Remover 2.0. 3M SMR is good but can leave hazing which is a pain because I need to re-cover the car with All In One to get rid of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    trry meg # 83. little stronger, but it`ll do the job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pro`s P-21 Swirl Eliminator and Polish. I use it with my rotary and it is great. Is easy to buff off and it leaves a nice, clear finish. It also will remove buffer swirls if you used a heavier cutting product before.

If you want more cutting action, then I`ve been using Pro`s P-11 Creamy Cutter. It works great at taking out cobweb swirls.

Pro`s P-40 DUZ-all is great for cleaning off oxidation but it doesn`t have the swirl and scratch cutting action that P-11 Creamy Cutter does. DUZ-all on the bottle though says it is made for cleaning off oxidation, water spots, fallout, and other contaminents. It does do a nice job at oxidation removal. My dist said switch to Pro`s Acid Rain Remover though when I run out of DUZ-all. I still have 1/2 a gal of DUZ-all left and I hardly ever use it. I mainly use P-11 now.

I`ve tried some other new product they got. I can`t remember the name and it isn`t on their webpage. It has the same type of abrasive P-11 does but it isn`t as abrasive. I tried it out and it could remove light cobweb swirls and would come out to a swirl free, crystal clear finish. It didn`t have the power to easily take out scratches but it did a good job at cobweb swirls and coming to a clean finish.

EDIT: Just found it. P-26 Clear-Cut
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    You didn`t say why you didn`t want to use the 2.0 itself?

As for 3M hazing - I have watched it very carefully, and I KNOw it hazes, but I also KNOW that it means you didn`t work it long enough. Maybe you`re being cautious with the rotary - a good thing - but maybe the rotary creates enough heat that the compound is drying out too quickly. I suspect the latter. Here is my suggestion - try it again - be sure to work the compound hard and long. It SHOULD get very dry and thin. But if you think the abrasives haven`t worn down enough, lubricate with a spriz of distilled water or QD and keep working it. If this doesn`t get rid of the haze I`d be surprised.

The 3M stuff IS more abrasive than Meguiars, as far as I can tell - so ultimately it will do a better job on medium swirls. Having a rotary should give you the advantage of being able to break it down well - something nearly impossible to do by hand.

P.S. - all you non-believers, if you haven`t observed this hazing don`t be surprised. It takes excellent lighting conditions and a good eye to see it. A black car helps a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of Hazing are you referring to?

When I used 3M`s SMR it left a lot of oil on the paint that streaked. It was a haze that I could drag a towel one direction and the marks would change direction.

I did it with my rotary and worked it until dry just like I do with Pro`s Swirl Eliminator.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Thread Information