Post Thanks / Like
    I know! I know! I did a search. Every thread ended with someone saying that they had ordered it and will post their results. Unfortunately nobody ever did There were rumors that it is a cheaper, different colored Souveran, and for the price that would be great! So, those who have tried it, please share your info.:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Bah...! Even if it is cheaper Souveran, it would still be Souveran. That means that it would react like Souveran. In that case I would choose P21S any day of the week. Its cheaper than Trade Secret and IMO works better than Souveran. The effect visualy is negligiable. The real difference is how it floats the dirt off your car when it rains. That is worth even the price of Souveran. Lucky for us that P21S is only about $25 per jar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good point, I was just lookin around the Top of the Line website and remembered that it was supposed to be like Souveran, the picture of the jars look exactly the same and it says white carnuaba in the description... similar to the "ivory" in the Souv. Good point though, might as well get P21S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually the trade secret wax is more similar to paste glaze........

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive got some, doesnt last long.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Bumpers Plus

Woah! Someone who has finally actually used this stuff! Yay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Bumpers Plus

That`s the same story with most carnaubas. Define `long`. Did it last more than 6 weeks? If not then it would be on par with the longetivity of the Pinnacles. Both of them are good for about 5 or 6 weeks. It depends on your climate and the time of year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine lasted about 4-5 weeks. That was with 2 layers I put on in Nov. With all the wet weather we`ve had here the beginning of this month it did last thru all of that with a deep shine and beading. I finally got a chance to put another coat this past weekend. I`ve never used the pinnacle waxes but I do love the nice deep, deep shine this wax puts on my black Camry. Used in conjuction with clay magic clay bar, swirlfree # 82, hand polish, then trade secret. The finish came out great and it`s the only wax I using for a while. :up (BTW, it`s also the best smelling wax I`ve ever used. Kind of like banana/coconuts or something. :xyxthumbs )

Ltr.......V

Post Thanks / Like
    I used it on a black Jag, garaged kept, 4-6 weeks for me too. It does smell good.

Post Thanks / Like
    i`ve used it a few times and it`s about middle of the road in my books. i prefer blitz, however the trade secret doesn`t seem to powder up as much as the blitz. trade secret only seems to last 5-8weeks down here in the south, blitz a little longer depending of course on the weather conditions. anyhow, the following links show a car i did yesterday and topped off withthe trade secret. the prep work was done with einszett ultra polish and paint polish.

before:

http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/pu...sp?id_=1252971

http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/pu...sp?id_=1252965

http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/pu...sp?id_=1252963

after:

http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/pu...sp?id_=1252972

http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/pu...sp?id_=1252970

http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/pu...sp?id_=1252964

take what you will from the results, but we all know it`s the prep work that makes the difference. this car was really bad off when we got there and the owner abuses it somethin` fierce. she swung the door into an iron table right in front of us and when we tried to warn her b4 it happened, she said, "Oh, don`t worry about that."

Post Thanks / Like
    Trade Secret is formulated by Souveran company.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Ryan

Trade Secret is formulated by Souveran company.

eh....? `Souveran` as in Pinnacle Souveran? Souveran is a product name and not a company. Or are you talking about a different thing? I was under the impression that the folks who make Pinnacle products also made Trade Secret. I wasn`t aware the comany was called Souveran. Interesting...

Post Thanks / Like
    Correction. Pinnacle!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

The real difference is how it floats the dirt off your car when it rains.

I tried using my car in the rain when it was coated with Platinum... it is such a pain to clean when it dries that it`s not worth using. I feel bad for all of you people who need to use your car, I have the bus, train, trolley and my two feet to get me around.

I`d like to see the dirt remove itself in a sense but I can`t spend 25.00 just to see it happen once or twice.

Thread Information