Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used the malms clay bar deracer and it was quite good, tried the meguiars clay bar and that is a pos scratched the car had to buff it out yuch , I am open to opinions on what people like David

Edit: Signatures can only be 3 lines of text in length. Please update.

-Jngr

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you sure that the Meg clay you used didn`t get some contamination on it before you used it???

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Now:

The only two I have used were from Zaino and Pinnacle. Both were good products and got good results with, but the Pinnacle seemed to me a little eaiser to use.
    2001 Torch Red Corvette

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had good luck with the Mothers clay bar - easily available too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used Pinnacle, Meguiar`s, Mother`s and Clay Magic. Out of all of those I would choose Clay Magic any day of the week. I would rank them like this:

1. Clay Magic

2. Pinnacle

3. Mother`s

18. Meguiar`s

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used Eagle One`s Clay before. It works well and isn`t too agressive. The only problem I`ve noticed is it streaking on the paint. It is cheap clay though so if you plan on polishing also, then the streaks are fine.

I really like Mother`s Clay. It works awesome and I didn`t really have any problems with it streaking.

Pro`s Clay Away 3 is extremely agressive. I`ve used it before and it easily scratches paint. It is made for removal of heavy overspray.

Pro`s Clay Away 4 is made really great. I`ve seen it used on a black car and it didn`t scratch at all and it didn`t leave any streaks. It costs a lot though.

I`ve never used Clay Magic but a LOT of people seem to really like it.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by bmw530i2003

Are you sure that the Meg clay you used didn`t get some contamination on it before you used it???

New bar not used before. The temp was in the 50`s the bar is very stiff and difficult to mold. I did a search on the forum and apparantly I am not the only one with reservations about the Meg clay. Where do you guys get the clay magic? I know I can mailorder pinnicle. The local autozone stocks the meguiars stuff but no mothers.

Post Thanks / Like
    You should be able to find Clay Magic kit at AutoZone stores for $10. It`s really the best OTC one you can find. Mother`s isn`t bad either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, for an "over the counter" clay bar, Mothers is a really good bar, and if you do a little digging, you should be able to find the ClayMagic kit at an AutoZone.

If you can`t find the ClayMagic, contact www.autodetail.com and order the Blue ClayMagic bar. IMHO, it`s better than the Pinnacle bar, and costs about the same.

I agree with you - the Meguiar`s clay bar has to be the single worst detailing product that there ever was. It streaks, it`s hard to work with, and it didn`t do a very good job on the 3 separate occasions that I tried it.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the link but did not see claymagic on that site. I will check with the local autozone tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Autodetail is where I get my clay from, try this link:

Clay Magic from autodetail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    clay magic, blue or red bar

Those are the only ones i use.

I have used meg`s clay bar, it was ok but did not hold up as well

NYD

Post Thanks / Like
    will using the clay bar strip the wax off? In other words do you have to rewax after barring(sp) David

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup. The clay is going to remove some, if not all, of the wax. You will definatly have to rewax after you are done. Look at it this way... the bumps are below the wax. If the clay can take the bumps off then it must be taking the wax off in order to get to the bumps. Make sense? Anyway, you will have to rewax after you are done.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought so and in fact I always re wax but I got the clay magic today and it says use it every time you wash etc. I don`t plan on rewaxing every week thank you very much. David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information