Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys, this is my first post here. This site is awesome and has so much good information!:up

I read some negative comments on the Meguiar`s MF detailing cloths though, why is that? What`s wrong with them? I recently bought some to detail one black and two white cars, the results seemed to be prettty good and they caused no noticeable scratches and swirl marks. I also like the fact they`re available at local auto stores.

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Could you post a link to the negative comments? Their Ultimate Wipe seems like a good product, it`s just that it`s fairly expensive.

Post Thanks / Like
    It may not be that they are bad, but they may not be up to snuff compared to some of the other options out there. We have some hardcore MF connoisseurs on the board who could point out the differences in softness, linting, effectiveness, etc. Stuff you get in the auto store isn`t ususally as good as some of the stuff you can get online.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe someone tried it (puterbum???) and found it inferior to the MFs from YoSteve and Neatitems. Others, like carguy, really like them.

http://www.bariaur.com/e39/microfiber.html

So the Meguiar`s Ultimate Wipes must be absorbant, while the YoSteve ones are very plush and soft.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought one of these before I bought my JTI towels. The only thing I don`t like about them is that they aren`t very plush. To me, having a thick pile to trap dirt into makes more sense. I use mine on the windows, it does a great job with some Stoners IG. The towel is very good, but is too expensive considering the great deals that PakShak and JTI have for plusher towels.

Post Thanks / Like
    They`re actually pretty decent, but for most people, their price makes the product much less appealing

Post Thanks / Like
    The other day I bought a few and when I unfolded them, they both had a hard plastic stuck along the black edges of the thread. Don`t know how to really explain it, it`s almost as if they had a "melted" spot on the same corners. I tried but pick it off but the threads were tearing. No way I was using them on my paint. I ended up returning them for a refund and ordering new MFs elsewhere. Maybe just a bad batch. :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    I would never buy these for a couple reasons, but not because they aren`t safe for your car. I`m sure they`re fine, but I`ve found them to be ridiculously expensive compared to many other MFs, and as said, they don`t have much plushness/nap/pile to them so they feel thin and not very towel-like. Almost all the other towels mentioned at Autopia will be appreciably thicker than these. You want a MF with a thick pile because it will hold more residues and junk than a thinner towel. These just don`t seem like they`d be good deals.

Post Thanks / Like
    A bad microfiber is better than a good cotton rag. Well, this may be an exageration, but I`ve never found a bad microfiber. Even the ones they sell (overpriced) at Target and the Turtle wax brand are just fine.

But order a set from one of the premium vendors here and, yes, you won`t want to go back! Much more plush and "grippy" which seems to be the best attribute of the best ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I guess I`ve wasted money eh? But no harm in continuing using them right? they seem to work quite well. Maybe one day when I`m feeling lucky, I`ll order some of these BEST MF towels. I`m very anxious to feel what that stuff is like!:p

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, I wouldn`t get them due to the price... It`s ridiculously expensive...

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t find them to be as plush or soft as the ones from Turtle Wax. And, they were lots more expensive. I can`t find the Turtle Wax ones any more. I`ll be ordering MFs online soon.
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.

--Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JL9000

So I guess I`ve wasted money eh? But no harm in continuing using them right? they seem to work quite well. Maybe one day when I`m feeling lucky, I`ll order some of these BEST MF towels. I`m very anxious to feel what that stuff is like!:p

You may have wasted a little money, but sometimes that is the price you pay for convenience. Right before my concours show this fall I realized I was out of 100% clean MF, so I bought a 3 pack at the local Autozone. They were fine, and I still use them.

MF is still on the "bleeding edge" of distribution. Hopefully in five years you`ll be able to pick up a high quality pack of 100 in Sam`s Club or Costco for $11.99. (Well I can dream, can`t I?)

Oh I'll Bring the Shizzle Nagchampa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BoxsterCharlie

MF is still on the "bleeding edge" of distribution. Hopefully in five years you`ll be able to pick up a high quality pack of 100 in Sam`s Club or Costco for $11.99. (Well I can dream, can`t I?)

That is something that will definitly happen in time. Maybe not at those prices, but it will happen!
    "Never walk into an environment and assume that you understand it better than the people who live there." - Kofi Annan after his first frigid Minnesota winter

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Nagchampa

That is something that will definitly happen in time. Maybe not at those prices, but it will happen!
    Someday we can tell our grandkids, "You know, I remember way back when people still detailed their cars with cotton towels..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information