Post Thanks / Like
    Does this sound like a really different product or are these just technical terms for a regular carpet and upholstery cleaner?

http://www.303products.com/main.php?...ge=spotremover

The properties of colloids were first documented in the search for a biodegradable substance to break up oil slicks on oceans. Research into why some products break up and hold in suspension grease and oil showed that colloids have minute particles (0.000000001 cm) called micelles that, when combined with water, break the surface tension to make water super-wet. Combining with water causes the micelles to penetrate grease, oil and dirt and then hold them in suspension in the super-wet water…in effect making these substances dissolve in water.

Simply, colloids penetrate into grease, oil and other "soils" and stir things up…a technological design like no other cleaner. In fresh or salt water, combined with other solvents or alone, 303`s colloid cleaners will continue to clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey waxman:

I am no expert on car care products, but with my college degree in chemistry, I can tell you that what they are saying about the colloids is true. They do pick up the grease and oils as they describe, with the micelles. What I cannot tell you is whether or not 303 has a patented formula using colloids. You would have to check the chemical make up of the other cleaners that you have seen and/or even call the companies and see if they can tell you what the chemical make up is of their product. If 303 is the only cleaner that has that chemical make up, then THEORETICALLY, it would be a superior grease/oil cleaner.:xyxthumbs

Thread Information