Post Thanks / Like
    And I can no longer wash my car outside, too darn cold. Besides that with salt and such going to be used I need to get an under-carriage wash anyway...

I`m looking for a touchless car wash (both wash and dry). I have no idea where to look, I am in the suburban Philadelphia area if that helps.. I am willing to drive to this plac, I don`t care where it is, as long as its somewhere nearby.

Anyone know of a place in the Philly burbs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone? Car is getting real dirty...

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d try the yellow pages before your paint falls off. lol Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

I`d try the yellow pages before your paint falls off. lol Good luck!
    Ah, thanks for the idea! *bangs head against the wall*

i should have thought of that.. anyway i found a place, here is there site... any comments?

http://www.safetywash.com/

under their touch free wash though it says:

Safety Air Dry

2-Step Towel Dry

i`m concerened about the towel dry.. why would they have the "safety" which means touch free ? and a towl dry as well...

Post Thanks / Like
    I also live in the Philly burbs (Buck`s county). I don`t know of a car wash to recommend. If you find one, let me know. Thanks.

Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    Just have it washed then. And say you don`t want the towel dry as you bring it out. Bring your own chamois or whatever you use and dry it out in the parking lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Matthew:

I live out in the St. Davids/Wayne area of Delaware County. Try the place below. I will be using it this winter and it is a touchless car wash. Be prepared to drop some cash because I believe the "best" wash is around $25.00. They do a good job of vaccuming and cleaning the interior and hit all of the door and trunk jams when drying. It`s the place where most of the rich folk who drive BMW`s, Mercedes, etc. go to wash their car. I`ve been meaning to give them a call to find out a little more about their products. Good luck.

I just looked at the site you posted--have driven by the car wash by 202 and 252 several times and have not given it much thought. They at least acknowledge that these automated systems can scratch and leave swirls, so maybe they know what they are doing. Going to check these out to an alternative to Main Line. Let us know what you do and how any of these work out for you!

Main Line Autowash

500 W Lancaster Ave

Wayne, PA 19087-3121

Phone610)688-6560

Post Thanks / Like
    Use the car wash only when you must. The suggestions given here are good, but when the temp is above freezing/and you have covered parking then try Protect All Quick and Easy. I think it does great and there is a great deal about it in recent threads.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Where are you exactly located in the Burbs of Philly. Just wondering as I live in Doylestown, Pa, work over in NJ near washingtons crossing. My wife works in the area right outside philly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys for your suggestions.

I`m located in Lafayette Hill. $25.00 per wash is a bit much for me. I don`t drive a BMW or Mercedes, just a Black Nissan Pathfinder that I like to keep looking nice.

I don`t need any interior work done. I keep that very clean, but of course I can`t control the outside much.

I am going to give a few places some calls when I get a chance, The place I posted eariler and I will give this place on Lancaster Ave. a call as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Matthew:

Let us know what the places tell you--I am curious about what they offer and how they describe their washes. Now that you informed me of the other car washes--particularyly the one by 202 and 252, I will give them a try and save myself some $$.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just called the one on 202.

I asked about the "Saftey air dry and 2 step towel dry".

They use blowers which blow off most of the wate,r but there is still water left on the car. The 2 step towel dry is just 2 towels, one used for the body, the other for the windows..

i asked "will that scratch the car?" and he said no it wouldn`t. I of course don`t belive that, especially with a black car.

The good news is that nothing at all touches the car, including the drying at the end (besides the towels)..

The line is pretty long right now, he said about 20 minutes, I might go out and try it out later tonight, then just hop on a highway and let the rest of the water get "blown" off by the speed..

Anyway see that as a bad idea?

Post Thanks / Like
    Matthew:

I decided to try the wash at 202 and I was not impressed. I went right when they opened and got the $16 wash. Now, I am not sure what anyone considers touchless, but it still had the soft cloth strips that shake over the car and the spinning ones that hit the sides of the vehicle. Only thing that did not touch the car was the air drying. I was using my 91 Mazda 626 as the guinea pig--its the car I drive into Philly--so it is not in great shape.

The kid did an okay job of towels drying, but when I got out to vaccum the car--the lower door panels were still dirty, as well as the wheels. In addition, the rinse was not sufficient enough to get all of the foam out of the door or trunk jams, so that was dripping out.

For $16--it was not worth it. I will gladly spend a few dollars more and go to Mainline. At least there they vaccum out the entire car (including removing all floor matts), clean interior including the windows, dry all the door and trunk jams, and have about five guys who go over each car looking for any problems or dirt not addressed.

Since the car was still dirty, I went home and tried Protect All`s Quick and Easy wash that I had picked up on Friday. It worked great and may a good alternative for you.

Thread Information