Post Thanks / Like
    Among the products I currently have are a spray bottle of RainX "Quick Wax," and a similar product from ArmorAll (the AA is only used to clean/wax unseen areas like door jambs and under hood paint). I figured that these products (at least the RainX) could be used as a "Quick Detailer," but I have seen that Meguiars sells both a QD and a Quick Wax. So that made me wonder if there is a difference (ie something special/better about QD) for use in-between washes.

Can anyone enlighten me?:nixweiss

Thanks for any responses.

--Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    The difference is in the carnuba content of the product. A QD with or without a carnuba in it is still refered to as a QD. The difference would be in how they are recomended to be used. If you are in the process of layering polymers then you most definatly do not want to use a QD containing carnuba. The wax will prevent future layers of polymer from bonding properly. If you are using a carnuba as a top coat then there are many great QDs that contain carnuba. At that point it is safe to use either one.

A QD containing carnuba can really enhance the looks of the car. A non carnuba QD can achieve just as brilliant results. It just depends on what it was intended for. Some of my favorite QDs are carnuba free and actually improve the appearance of my car.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey. Thanks for the quick response! You certainly shed some light on the situation for me!:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Also read the directions on some of these Quick Wax and QD products because I know for a fact Meguiar`s Quik Wax and Rain-x Quick Wax require the car be washed/QD`d befoe application becuase these quick waxes have no lubricating properties to them.

I have used the Rain-X Quick Wax stuff in the black bottle, smells like fruity drinks and has a slight cream/thick consistancy. I would wash the car, apply the quick wax then buff off the quick wax and the remaining water (didn`t dry the car so I would wash twice to make sure I did not miss any spots.)

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    And is Carbrite`s Spray Wax (http://www.carbrite.com/a030.htm) a QD or a liquid wax?

I`m confused with these two types of products.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Pro`s Fast Trak which is a quick wax.

You can spray it onto the surface and then spread it with an applicator. It hazes in a minute or two and then can be buffed off. It is a lot faster using the Fast Trak by hand then applying a wax with an orbital buffer.

Fast Trak gives you about 1 1/2 months protection. They also have Expresso, which is a similar product.

American Shine also has their Fast wax, which is a similar product to the above. Really thin wax you can apply quickly.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    anyone know if eagle one wet wipe n shine is a caranuba free qd?
    18 Honda Civic SI White Pearl 6mt(:lever

02 Honda Aquatrax f12x watercraft

01 Yamaha Superjet Modded

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ruangvith

And is Carbrite`s Spray Wax (http://www.carbrite.com/a030.htm) a QD or a liquid wax?

I`m confused with these two types of products.
    From the looks of it, it may be neither. It sounds more like a spray on, hose off wax that`s intended for use in automatic car washes. Probably not very good or durable.

Originally posted by Abercrombie2582

anyone know if eagle one wet wipe n shine is a caranuba free qd?
    Yes, it has no carnauba. Usually if a QD has carnauba it`d be a selling point and they wouldn`t try to keep it secret. Carnauba QDs are typically more expensive too.

QDs are for cleaning the car of dust and putting down a small amount of protection to boost the existing wax a bit. Fast spray waxes are not meant for cleaning and don`t have the exact same job.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried the American Shine Fast Wax product?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mr. Clean

Have you tried the American Shine Fast Wax product?

No but I do have a bottle of it. It looks like a decent wax though. I like their Carnauba Wax so I`d probably like the Fast Wax.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Thread Information