Patrick
    I was running low on my original BF yesterday and didnt think I had enough to do a job....So after claying a black Miata, then SMR, polish, I bought some # 20. The first thing that struck me was the consistency of this so called Polymer. It was like the other Meg`s products Ive used (which arent many, nor will that number grow), kind of thick, for what i would think was a polymer, in comparison to Klasse and Blackfire. Also, a little goes a long way with those two products. Not so with the Meg`s. Anyway, after applying to the hood, and waiting for a haze, i started to remove, in anticipation of a fairly decent gloss, appealing to both eyes and touch. What i was left with was nothing short of a disgrace. Residue, and massive product hazing. Believe me, after Wizards finish cut and a call to Meg`s, and CMA (To order BF II), plus many explicatives, I salvaged my Original BF, and turned that Miata into a showroom sweetheart.

Thank you Clay Magic, 3M, Finish Line, Wizards, and BF......

Anyone care to share a story about a bad # 20 ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Never have experienced what you did. Have used #20 extensively. #20 will not remove easily, or completely, if not allowed to dry thoroughly. Be sure you let this happen. A typical problem, also is to apply the product too thickly, it takes only a very thin coat. Too much will only give you excess residue and double the drying time adding to your frustrations.

Sounds like if you gave it another chance you might have better results and not feel like you threw your money away. #20 is a pretty competent sealant. Give it another try.
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, never a bad experience to share. easy on, easy off, no streaking or hazing and lasts for quite a while. give it another shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Never had a bad experience with any of Meguiars products.

Zaino was the only product I didn`t like because it hazed up and dulled the gorgeous shine that was on it before. I have tried it twice on my car. And you can`t say I am doing it wrong because my Dad`s blue Jeep comes out great when I use Zaino on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never had a problem with #20 either. Sounds like you used too much to me and it didn`t dry completely. :nixweiss
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I have nothing but love for the #20!

I have never had a problem with #20 it goes on easy and buffs out like a breeze. Alittle goes a long ways and let it sit for about an hour and you will have a better opion.

I usally do the whole car and let it dry for about hour or so and it buffs very effortlessly. It last pretty good too.

PS- Its great for the wheels too! :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Never had a bad expierence with it, either.
    -Chuckmotor

Patrick
    Wow, everyone has had favorable experiences with it ! It was very warm and very dry out here on Saturday, Santa Ana winds=extremely low humidity, it hazed real quick, like i said, 20 minutes or so.....The car was black so results were a lil more extreme than normal....Maybe Ill try it on a portion of my white 00 Taurus, and see what happens, but as for black, Ill stick with BF.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like I need to try #20 out soon... I have yet to do so. I also need to get some DACP. Hmmm... sounds like I got some shopping to do tomorrow

Just some info. Not all polymers are really thin. Pro`s Profection is pretty thick. Liquid Glass is thick. Blackfire`s new formula is also thick. Klasse SG is really thin.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Thread Information