Post Thanks / Like
    I need something that can permanently dye the rubber trim (http://www.properautocare.com/blacagextrim.html) . Has anyone tried it? Or is there something else I can get?

THanks

jon

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t tried Black Again, but I tried Mother`s Back to Black. It worked decently on some wax residues, but I`m still having problems restoring those windshield fluid dispensers on the hood. Those things have to be my least favorite thing about detailing. I can`t seem to avoid them, and I also can`t clean them after I screw up. I know, tape should be used and I tried that. Some wax still got under it and stained them.

Also, if you`re looking for a dye rather than a dressing, you might be more interested in this:http://www.properautocare.com/fb-1k.html

This looks too good to be true in my opinion, but it would be great if it worked.

Anyway, sorry to divert your original purpose, but I am also very interested on any news related to Black Again.
    If it works, is safe, and you like it...use it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just used some Black Again for the first time. It is a really syrupy clear product. IMO it worked very well and cleaned any white wax residue that I had. It smears on rather thick but speads well and gives the trim a clean, black look without a wet shiny look. Be advised, use a lint free towel.......

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used Back to Black (Mother`s). It works real well on some materials, hardly noticable on others. It`d not a dye like i thought it was, but instead a white cream.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by nelsdvn

I just used some Black Again for the first time. It is a really syrupy clear product. IMO it worked very well and cleaned any white wax residue that I had. It smears on rather thick but speads well and gives the trim a clean, black look without a wet shiny look. Be advised, use a lint free towel.......

After using the Black Again, appily a wax over it. It looks nice and it last much longer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a bottle of the original black again from years ago. Not much left! Anyway, I use it on the rear wing on my 928 and it is the best product I have found. I have been told that the new black again is nowhere near as good as the original product and one source will not sell it because they say it is not worthy of the name.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, back to black sucks. I`ve tried many different way of applying and it always comes out the same....smeared and uneven looking.

Waiting for my black again in the mail.
    Brett Laws
    Currituck, NC
    93 F150 XL 4x4 RCSB

Post Thanks / Like
    Try this link for a good Kit.

http://store.yahoo.com/classic-motor...lactrimk1.html

I tried it about 6 weeks ago on a faded black bumper. They list it as a dye and not a paint. All silicons need to be removed before using, and I had a lot so I used denatured alcohol first then the cleaner supplied in the Kit. Like a paint it goes on best with thin applications, and multiple coats. I found 3 coats, alternating directions to be the most successful. The only complaint I had was the the sponge applicator was too small. Keep your hands away until dry, it really stains.

Initially I really like it. It`s dark, and shiny but not glossy. Perfect contrast to a car finished with either Blackfire, or a good carnauba.
    The perfect shine is

pure satisfaction.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had good luck with Meg Gold Class Trim Restorer...seems to hold up better than Mothers B to B...
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed that Stoners makes a product called Trim Shine, is this good for darking bumpers, mirrors etc... Ive used back 2 black a few times it works good if you reapply it like 2-3times instead of just once, You gotta let it soak in for a little while. But it doesnt last that long a few weeks or a month then it starts to look the same. Why dont car makers just inject some kinda uv block or somthing in thier plastics im sure the technology is there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just opened a new bottle of Black Again and used it on a set of black windshield wiper arms that had turned white-gray with age and weather. Worked very nicely - did a good job - use a lint free cloth. Leaves a nice satin finish.:up

Thread Information