Post Thanks / Like
    As my garage is heated it is just not enough yet to let me keep all my stuff out in the garage all winter. One day I was at a dollar store and they had these Rubbermaid totes on sale for like $2 each and we bought 6-8 of them, this was right before we moved so they worked great in the move. now we use them for storage in the basement

In the fall I take all the stuff that I want to keep from the cold and put it in a few of these totes, My garage is about 75 feet from the house so hauling all of my stuff to and from the house is a big chore! But with these it is great! I can fit almost everything in to 4 totes. Also I label each one with a piece of duck tape and write on it what is in each one.

Then in the basement I put them up on this shelf that is built in to the foundation, it works great! Then if that day I need to detail I can just run down to the basement, and grab what I need.

Now for other tips...lets hear them
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    The cardboard boxes with handle in them that are sold at grocery store in our area are what I use. Mainly because I can steal a couple from my wife. The plastic tubs have one big advantage. Any leakers and you have the spill contained. I have never had the problem, but it could happen.

Recently, I bought a nylon-canvas 12" tool tote bag to keep my winter use products in. QD, AIO, UPP,S100,APC+, window cleaner, that stuff. When the weather cooperates, I just grab that bag and head for the garage. $6 at a Menard`s store. Since it has been rainy and cold for some time here, it hasn`t had much use. Seems like it will work good though.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by CharlesW

I bought a nylon-canvas 12" tool tote bag to keep my winter use products in.
    I have one like that I bought for car shows I will use that tip, thX

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Redcar GUY

In the fall I take all the stuff that I want to keep from the cold and put it in a few of these totes, My garage is about 75 feet from the house so hauling all of my stuff to and from the house is a big chore! But with these it is great! I can fit almost everything in to 4 totes. Also I label each one with a piece of duck tape and write on it what is in each one.

Now for other tips...lets hear them

[snooty Mr Howell voice]

Bill,

My God man, the pic of these totes is horrible. You used duct tape and wrote on them with a Sharpie. The size of each piece of tape is not uniform nor is the placement of the tape pieces. Your penmanship on the duct tape is awful. And one maroon tote with three green ones?? This is unacceptable.

Please go to a store that makes trophies and plaques and have some custom made plastic labels describing the contents of each tote. Ensure that each label is equal in size, color, and font. Place them on each tote in the exact same position. And do not forget to buy another green tote to replace the maroon one.

Remember Bill - You are an Autopian and perfection is in your blood.

[/snooty Mr Howell voice]

Just razzin ya, Bill. No offense meant. The tote idea is a great one and I use it myself for the Vac N Blo and supplies when I hit the road.

Mad props to ya! :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by bretfraz

[snooty Mr Howell voice]

Bill,

My God man, the pic of these totes is horrible. You used duct tape and wrote on them with a Sharpie. The size of each piece of tape is not uniform nor is the placement of the tape pieces. Your penmanship on the duct tape is awful. And one maroon tote with three green ones?? This is unacceptable.

Please go to a store that makes trophies and plaques and have some custom made plastic labels describing the contents of each tote. Ensure that each label is equal in size, color, and font. Place them on each tote in the exact same position. And do not forget to buy another green tote to replace the maroon one.

Remember Bill - You are an Autopian and perfection is in your blood.

[/snooty Mr Howell voice]

Just razzin ya, Bill. No offense meant. The tote idea is a great one and I use it myself for the Vac N Blo and supplies when I hit the road.

Mad props to ya! :xyxthumbs

LOL the funny thing is Mr howell, you didnt notice the Blue lid on the red tote Hahha

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing I did notice, the lime green bottles. Is that Finish 2001?

Charles

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wal*Mart had a Sterilite brand tote thingy that I just bought. Model No. 1584 in housewares. Deep enough to hold bottles upright, big enough to hold several. For $3, it looks like it is worth a try.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife loves totes because they can be stacked. She likes to stack them in my garage. Oh sorry our garage.

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I did notice, the lime green bottles. Is that Finish 2001?

Charles

finish 2001 tire gel, to be more precise....

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

finish 2001 tire gel, to be more precise....
    yep

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    I also use Sterilite boxes that I bought at Wal Mart. I try to keep chemicals in boxes by themselves and microfiber towels, cotton towels, wash mitts, etc. in another box. In addition, Sterilite makes a small carry tote with two sides separated by a handle (also from Wal Mart). I just take what I need out of the bigger boxes and put them in the carry tote and bring that out to my car. I gave up trying to carry a bunch of individual things outside in two hands. Too many dropped items.

As a side note, I like the Sterilite product line since it is made out of polypropylene as evidenced by the recycle mark on the bottom of their containers ("PP"). Polypropylene is supposed to be rather inert and should not produce any outgassing, unlike some other plastics. I found this information when looking up archival storage boxes for old documents, newspapers, etc. Somewhat on the anal side, I will admit but I want to make sure that I provide as little opportunity as possible for the chemicals that I store in these boxes to start a reaction. Products that are acidic or basic can create fumes that are reactive.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a huge zippered canvas bag with an outside pocket that I keep all my mf towels in - keeps them clean and dust free. I also have a collapsible 12" mesh cube with handles that I keep more mf towels, mits, etc in. They sell them at The Container Store and Bed, Bath & Beyond.

I have 3 huge red Pep Boys garage buckets I use for washing, that I used to bring everything inside for the winter. Right now a lot of my products are in a big Rubbermaid laundry basket. I also use those kit boxes that come with P21S products to store extra polish, wax, etc. and things like car detailing brushes, gummi-pflege, etc.

My study is part garage/part greenhouse right now, as I brought in all the outside plants for the winter too!

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Boongie

In addition, Sterilite makes a small carry tote with two sides separated by a handle (also from Wal Mart).
    That is what I was referring to that I described as a "tote thingy", in my previous post.

Wasn`t much of a description was it? My intended use is the same as yours. Thanks for the description.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

That is what I was referring to that I described as a "tote thingy", in my previous post.

Wasn`t much of a description was it? My intended use is the same as yours. Thanks for the description.

Charles

I just checked the Sterilite tote that I mentioned above and you are right Charles, it is the same model that you are using.

Thread Information