Post Thanks / Like
    I have pretty much every wax on the market right now. Used em all, and like some of them, and others are plain junk.

Now being a chemistry buff, I want to make my own. I have looked and looked, e-mailed many people about it (and pm`d a few on this forum) asking about what kinds of things are mixed with the caranuba, but i have come up empty. I can`t even find a place to buy pure caranuba from! I am stuck. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks, Sam.

Post Thanks / Like
    anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Here you go:

http://www.make-stuff.com/formulas/car_wax.html

most carnauba waxes contain less than 5% actual carnauba wax.

Look here for what is in many types of waxes, using Meguiars for this exercise:

http://www.hazard.com/msds/gn.cgi?qu...guiars&start=0

Click on the different waxes and polishes that Meguiars makes and it list some of the chemicals used in their products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Carnuba wax comes from the copernicus trees in Brazil. The carnuba actually protects the leaves from the heavy rains in the forest. Many of the carnuba waxes which are on the low end of the scale have bees wax and coconut oils mixed with them. In most case these particular waxes are less than 10% carnuba wax. Souveran wax which is by far the best carnuba. It is 38% by volume carnuba and the rest is natural oils.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Auto Care USA

Carnuba wax comes from the copernicus trees in Brazil. The carnuba actually protects the leaves from the heavy rains in the forest. Many of the carnuba waxes which are on the low end of the scale have bees wax and coconut oils mixed with them. In most case these particular waxes are less than 10% carnuba wax. Souveran wax which is by far the best carnuba. It is 38% by volume carnuba and the rest is natural oils.

Actually if you go by the information on the Pinnacle Souveran web site the other 62% of the product is not "natural oils" unless there is an all natural polymer that I am not aware of, from the Pinnacle web site:

"We start with #1 Grade Yellow Carnauba, then refine it a second time. This changes the wax`s pale yellow color to ivory as the last remaining impurities are removed. The result is Ivory Carnauba, a super-pure wax with unsurpassed clarity. We use only Ivory Carnauba as a foundation for all our waxes. To this base of Ivory Carnauba, we add modern crystalline polymers. These super-hard polymers increase the wax`s durability by resisting breakdown from acid rain and ultraviolet light. Month after month, your vehicle will proudly display its Ivory Carnauba shine!"

Post Thanks / Like
    goodluck try looking carnauba on google go in about 3 pages you will find www.kosterkeunen.com and www.performanceadditives.com/carnauba also under white carnauba you will find a dutch company go in three-4 pages again on google
    wax on,wipe off zen wax again
    no camera here,just my own experiences .observations and opinions.

"I never met a man who thought his thinking was faulty!" M. Montaigne

Post Thanks / Like
    In Brazil its pronounced carnowba by the way. Anyway that stuff in its pure state is like a brick, reminded me of beeswax. It would be very hard.
    The perfect shine is

pure satisfaction.

Thread Information