Post Thanks / Like
    Well last nite after seeing Bond my wife and I went out for a bite.

When I was leaving I backed the F150 lightly into a fire hydrant.

Lightly but left a nice ding regardless. To make matters worse...it is considered to be my wife`s even though I am the one cleaning it ALL the time.

Why would they put one of those damn things in the middle of a parking lot.....geesh!

I know this is a stretch but can dent repair do anything with it?

I have had hail damage removed before.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Deemo

Well last nite after seeing Bond my wife and I went out for a bite.

When I was leaving I backed the F150 lightly into a fire hydrant.

Lightly but left a nice ding regardless. To make matters worse...it is considered to be my wife`s even though I am the one cleaning it ALL the time.

Why would they put one of those damn things in the middle of a parking lot.....geesh!

Thanks!

Usually, when "they" put a fire hydrant in an area like that, it is on an "island" surrounded by a curbstone.

The usual spacing for fire hydrants is 500 feet apart, per NFPA standards. How close was the hydrant in relation to the building? Usually, there is a fire hydrant located next to the Fire Department connection, which allows the FD to tie into standpipes for interior firefighting operations or to augment the building`s fire sprinkler system. Hydrants are usually placed no more than 100 feet way from a FD connection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gonzo0903

Usually, when "they" put a fire hydrant in an area like that, it is on an "island" surrounded by a curbstone.

allows the FD to tie into standpipes for interior firefighting operations or to augment the building`s fire sprinkler system. Hydrants are usually placed no more than 100 feet way from a FD connection.

As Gonzo stated for standpipes and pumpers. Also, when I grade a community on it`s fire protection if a large structure is not sprinklered insurance companies want to know 1 of 3 distances of the hydrant (0-300` 301-600` 601-1000`), # & size of openings, & how many hydrants within the above distances to the structure.

Man, they need to get a barrier around that hydrant. I`d let the FD or water dept. know (not that you hit it, but that it doesn`t have a barrier). Good thing you didn`t hit it any harder! I saw a stem break in one once in a Wally World parking lot and they didn`t have a shut off valve next to it. Had to shut down a main to fix it!

Sorry I can`t help with your dent question!

:nixweiss
    David

2008 MINI Clubman S

2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring

Thread Information