Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino & Aquapel on my 1996 Ford Taurus LX daily driver - as with my wife`s 2002 Escape XLT - Goodbye Meguiars No. 20....Hello Zaino!!

Actually took care of the Taurus a month and a half ago, but needed to wash again today after I already washed it this past Sunday. Came out of a meeting today to find that a bunch of damn birds bombed the roof, the drivers side front door, the hood, the driver side rear...oh hell!! They bombed every side of my car except the chassis!!! Detailed it with Z-6 and decided that with the sun shining, it was time to post some pictures.

Two layers of Z-5 (with ZFX), and a layer of Z-2 with ZFX the first day. Three more layers of Z-2 over the next two weeks. LOL! I`m hooked. All I know is it withstood the bird bombs tremendously!! The Shine is absolutely awesome, and I`m impressed by how slick it feels weeks after I applied it.

Pictures here (also in the members gallery) -

Drivers side from the front:

Drivers side from the rear:

Another shot:

BTW, this beast has nearly 90,000 miles on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lookin good babe!

I`ve noticed you always do an impeccable job on your rims & tires too! I`ve gotta try Meg#40 on my tires sometime. They look great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good job! :xyxthumbs I like how the metallic pearl (?) effect comes out in the pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Intermezzo

Lookin good babe!

I`ve noticed you always do an impeccable job on your rims & tires too! I`ve gotta try Meg#40 on my tires sometime. They look great!

No. 40 is great for a quick shine. I usually use Endurance, but I wasn`t in the mood to buff off the excess. I usually take care of the wheels with No. 20, but this time I`m using Zaino Z-2. Thanks for the compliments!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am considering the switch to Zaino from #20. Would you say that the shine is immediately noticeable? Also, how about slickness and how it feels after a wash. I find that the slickness and ease of washing is really good with #20. And it beads like crazy. However, the shine doesn`t look nearly as good as most of the Zaino pics posted here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 2wheelsx2

I am considering the switch to Zaino from #20. Would you say that the shine is immediately noticeable? Also, how about slickness and how it feels after a wash. I find that the slickness and ease of washing is really good with #20. And it beads like crazy. However, the shine doesn`t look nearly as good as most of the Zaino pics posted here.

Well, to visually compare Zaino and No. 20 on the same car - go to picture gallery and look up my album, or check out this post: LINK HERE I have my Taurus posted with both.

Another comparison: My wife`s silver Escape, with No. 20 , and with Zaino

No. 20 beads like crazy. So does Zaino. longevity will be my test now, and I suspect that my old favorite No. 20 may place second to Zaino. Zaino has one advantage right out of the box (or the bottle) - you can layer it. You can`t layer No. 20, despite comments posted else where to the contrary.

Zaino also feels slicker both after the initial application, and when using Zaino`s car wash shampoo, slicker than No. 20 five or six weeks later. And I think No. 20 is great stuff. Used it for years. Much easier to buy than Zaino. But I still had to stry this stuff, and so far, so good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can`t really tell with the Escape, probably because of lighting, but sure can with the Taurus. I think I`m going to have to get me some of that Z!

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 2wheelsx2

Can`t really tell with the Escape, probably because of lighting, but sure can with the Taurus. I think I`m going to have to get me some of that Z!

Thanks.

Wife came home from work the other day and asked "What the heck did you use on my trucks paint?!? The reflection of the sun off the hood almost blinded me!!" LOL! She definitely meant it as a compliment.

Her truck got bird bombed last night and she could believe how easy it was to clean up with some Z-6 three hours after they dried on the paint - no etching either!! She`s sold on Zaino now as well.

Thread Information