Post Thanks / Like
    Being from the UK and new to the forum, I am getting a bit lost with all the codes being used. Is there a glossary / crib sheet for acronyms and product manufacturers with their products.eg product X from Y is a carnauba wax in liquid form

Here in the UK we tend to use Autoglym, but now Meguiars have started to make in roads (I useGold Class liquid wax). I had never heard of claybars until I read the Meguiars website.

Also what do people think of hard waxes (tried to search but products mean nothing to me). I use the easy on easy off but if the extra effort is worth it would like to use these

Any help - pointers appreciated. :nixweiss

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a acronyms page listed on the home page...it lists most of the abreviations used on the site....after you find out what product they are talking about I suggest searching about them on here and then maybe searching online retailers as well for more info.

Here is the link:

TERMS

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks,

I did look before I posted, honest.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahaaaaa SP 325i ...... I see you took my advice.....you just made the first step to a better lookin car :xyxthumbs . Now spend some time reading the threads and using the search facility. Feel free to ask if you have any specific questions.

Welcome to the board mate...hey this is my first post ...but I`ve been lurking for a while reading and learning :p

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. ive been importing a few Us products over! Megs will sell you ther complete Us pro range if you phone them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Many thanks ejant..... I only discovered this forum a week or so ago, AFTER I had taken delivery of a box of Zaino goodies .

From what I`ve read I seem to have made a sound decision to go with Zaino. My BMW 325 Coupe sport is only 3 weeks old so I want to get my paintwork protected while its still new. So far ive done the dawn wash (or english equivelent ), Z1, Z5, Z6, Z5, Z6, Z5 but havent had the chance to put on a couple of layers of Z2 yet. The weather here is so bad at the moment, raining on and off.

I know people will always have differing opinions but generally, how many layers of Z2 do you guys find is about right to achieve the best shine ? I`ll admit I havent done a search on that question but if anyone has a quick answer I`d appreciate it. In the meantime I`ll go and `search`

Lastly, I have a sig I use on another forum, its an image. On some forums seems most people have one but i noticed not many do on here. Would it be ok to use here it or is it frowned upon ? :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah Chris,

Thanks for recommending this site. Just looks like I will be importing more car things!!!!

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    I may be crazy, but what would it cost for me to send a box about 12X12 over there from Indiana? I mean with towels, Zaino, 3M stuff and maybe some S100? Or can you even do this? Maybe some of us here in the USA could help out some of the ones across the sea?
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Steven, Lowe jackson knows about imports exports i think? When i ordere my P21s i had to pay import tax on the goods, as far a i know this doesnt apply if the package is a gift!!!! ie we send the cash, you send it on! I think it cost aboy 14 - 20 Max ( will find the invoice and post up the total costs) dollars to ship 2 pots of P21s on 7 day delivery air mail to me or about 8 dollars to take 4 weeks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Redcar GUY

I may be crazy, but what would it cost for me to send a box about 12X12 over there from Indiana? I mean with towels, Zaino, 3M stuff and maybe some S100? Or can you even do this? Maybe some of us here in the USA could help out some of the ones across the sea?
    Sounds like a plan to me :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a freind in NJ that sent mine to me. She sent Z1, Z2, Z5, Z6, Z7 and Z18 and a couple of applicators. When it arrived here the ticket on the package said postage was $37.

With the popularity of Zaino over here Sal should seriously consider an agent in England. He has an agent in Germany that speaks fluent english...

Alex Terzic

Bad Kissinger, Germany

+49 971 61817

www.viper-lifestyle.de

Email: alexander.terzic@t-online.de

You can order directly from him.

Post Thanks / Like
    The pstage was 19 dollars for two pots of P21s just found the invoice!

Just need some P21s paint cleaner, some S100 cos its cheaper than the P21s wax and lots of MFs!!!!!! Dont think ill go down the zaino route, wouldnt mind some klasse!!!! But guess of got Autoglym instead! I dont mind waxing every weekend! Actally gonna paint clean and Megs 20 this weekend if it doesnt rain! leave for a week, recoat with #20 and top with my fave P21s!!!! Winters coming!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Redcar GUY

Absolutely possible! You`re very kind to help.

I got some stuff from the US via USPS. For not-so-big packages, letter post service, either air or surface, is the most economic. For larger ones, USPS parcel post services are still available.

No, not UPS or FedEx, cost an arm and a leg!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ruangvith

Absolutely possible! You`re very kind to help.

I got some stuff from the US via USPS. For not-so-big packages, letter post service, either air or surface, is the most economic. For larger ones, USPS parcel post services are still available.

No, not UPS or FedEx, cost an arm and a leg!
    national postal services = good :up

courier companies = the bubonic plague :down

Post Thanks / Like
    Redcar guy,

Sounds good. I know that quite a few of you in the US + Canada like to read some of the UK car mags, maybe we could help out with this in turn.

I have been using as well an aerosol spray product from a UK company. The proceedure is :

1. Wet the car down completely

2. Spray the car (paint and plastic) with the product.

3. Wash car with washing up liquid and water. A milkyness can be seen from the spray product.

4. Wash off with a hose at fairly high pressure.

5. Chamois down with a synthetic PVC chamois cloth (from same company).

This product is good for wheels, tyres, pastic trim and engine.

I usually use Meguiars GCLW over the top. The results are pretty good and the rain forms very small beads. It also seems a lot easier to wash afterwards.

I did have 2 black cars and this made life pretty easy.

I will try and get some more. If anyone is up for swaps ie you test this over there and I will test a US product over here - let me know.

By the way the guy who invented this won`t patent it as he will have to disclose the ingrediants.

Steve

Thread Information