Post Thanks / Like
    only had ma car for 2months now, i have these terrible waterspots that are clearly visible, especially at nite with a llight shining directly at the hood and trunk. i think it came from the dealer like that. arg. anyways i tried 3M SMR today and nuttin happened. i even had some slight swirls, like all dark cars have, but it didnt really do anyting eitehr. the paint was alot smoother afterwards but didnt see any visible effects. i used it by hand, and jus keep and motioning back and forth until it went away. ru suppose to use hard pressure?? do u let it haze or just keep polishing it into the paint until its gone??

Post Thanks / Like
    Trying to remove swirls or waterspots with SMR by hand is a tough task. I would suggest investing in a Porter Cable Random Orbit Polisher. It did a good job with removing a large amount of swirls and waterspots from my car. You can also try using something more aggressive, like Meguiar`s DACP by hand to see how that works out.

For any type of polish, work it in until it is completely gone, don`t let it haze or you`ll have a really difficult time removing it. You should work it in with some pressure then ease up as the polish begins to dry out to a nice gloss.

Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried removing some water spots/etching this weekend with a PC & yellow CMA pad without much luck. The only thing I found that work well was the 3M FII w. PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Then try either 3M Cleaner Wax Medium Oxidation Remover, or Meguiars Dual Action Cleaner Polish. Both are Medium in agressiveness, and will remove etching and scratches. I`ve used both with a Random Orbital Buffer. I could have done it by hand, but it would have been a lot of time and effort. Recommend a PC also.
    The perfect shine is

pure satisfaction.

Thread Information