Thread: ~*paint & Wax*~

Post Thanks / Like
    How long should I wait to wax my newly painted items? I have heard that there is an apox. time to wait after getting things painted before you should wax them. What would happen if I were to wax them only a few days after being painted??:nixweiss Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    There is "body shop" safe stuff... I know 3M glazes are (well, I`m pretty sure). They help you get though the "no wax" period. I think it`s 30days or 3 months or 9 months or something... someone will come along to answer.

Post Thanks / Like
    my dealer told me 30 days(even though i think my paint was cured the day i got it since the car was only 5 days old from the factory). Although, if your dealer does tell you(don`t believe all dealers) to wait 30 days to wax, then i would wait 30 days just to be safe. The only reason i trusted my dealer is cause he`s a fanatic like i am about cars and he uses the same product lines that i have before.
    18 Honda Civic SI White Pearl 6mt(:lever

02 Honda Aquatrax f12x watercraft

01 Yamaha Superjet Modded

Post Thanks / Like
    I just had my 928 repainted in a few areas and the body shop said there was no need to wait to wax. I think the paints being used today have come a long way and the waiting game is a bit out of touch. If you are concerned however, wait 30 days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dealerships and bodyshops often have heated paint booths today - after they finish painting, they `evacuate` the excess paint and fumes, then turn the booth to `bake`. It heats the interior of the booth to a temp near 200F.

We had these at the dealership where I worked - they made a massive difference in the paint quality.

Thread Information