Post Thanks / Like
    I resently purchased the viper glass cleaning microfiber towells. After cleaning the windows with stoner I noticed when the sun hit the window I could see clear microfiber lint all over the window!!! They have been cleaned before, and tumble dried. Is there something I am doing wrong?? Thank you for you help

Post Thanks / Like
    Suggest you search for VIPER GLASS and some posts will show up.....Search for the member FLONI...as I remember he had the same problem and was guided to a solution..

Post Thanks / Like
    No, you most probably did absolutely nothing wrong. Some microfiber towels suck and lint like cheap cotton ones. I bought a few like that too and now I just use them to dry my hands.

The linting my go down or stop with a few washes, but not necessarily. I`d just get different towels. My Turtle Wax MFs have been terrific for the price and 100% lint-free. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi EUROTECH,

I`m not sure if the Viper glass cleaning mf towels have two sides to them (plush/less plush) but I would recommend using the less plush side to clean your windows.

You can also fold your mf towel into four`s and try just using plain water. Spray a little water on one side of your mf towel and wipe your windows clean then turn over your mf towel for the final buff. Sometimes, when there is too much liquid on the mf towel it actually cause the loose microfilaments to get pulled off of the towel and onto your windows. Try using less water or Stoner`s, fold your mf towel into 4`s, one side to clean with water/Stoner`s and then fold over for the final wipe.

Hope that helps.

With Aloha,

Ranney

Serious no BS kinda guy forrest@mothers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aside from the obvious (being laundered with cotton towels - which my wife did once to "help" me), the only other time it`s occured to me has been on towels over 2 years old - I guess they just wore out.

Make sure you use low heat on the dryer, BTW.
    forrest

Post Thanks / Like
    thank guys I will have to try out these tips. This is an amazing forum by the way!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Get some of these. You will not be dissappointed.

http://www.topoftheline.com/ulbufdiap.html

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve noticed my JT International towels ar ebeginning to lint

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve found that my MF towels lint when they get wet (I use YoSteve`s towels). It`s usually not a big deal, though...the lint wipes right off with a dry MF towel.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think perhaps my MF towel isn`t linting, but recieved lint from washing with other towels (moms ) Is there any hope?

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t wash your MF towels with other things.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same problem w/ the viper cloths.

I now use only YoSteve towels for windows w/ Pro`s Glass Cleaner. Fool proof combination for streak free windows.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    I mean, assuming I had contaminated my towels... how can I fix it? Lint brush?

Post Thanks / Like
    My other thoughts are:

what did you wash them with?

what heat setting did you dry them at?

did you use fabric softener?

Strong detergents and high heat will quickly break-down the microfiber loops, which causes the fibers to unravel, causing the linting. Fabric softener `loads` the loops, and could cause them to break and lint as well....

I have numerous (probably in the 30`s) Viper towels, and at least 5 of the glass cleaning towels - none have linted on me... I also have neatitems towels (which is the supplier to many mf resellers) and haven`t had any troubles with them either.

The only towels which have ever linted on me were the Griot`s towels - which have now been relegated to wheel cleaning duties.

Once they start to lint, there`s not much hope for them. The lint is the result of the fibers separating (remember, a MF is built from hundreds of thousands of interwoven fibers), so if they`re linting, they`re most likely damaged.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by geekysteve

My other thoughts are:

what did you wash them with?

what heat setting did you dry them at?

did you use fabric softener?

With other microfiber cloth,

Tumle dry

Hell no

I am going to try and swith my cloths w/ another brand and see if that cures the problem!

Thread Information