Post Thanks / Like
    how in the world do you get rid of streaks on the inside windows?

Post Thanks / Like
    A hammer! No really, try using just distilled water in a spray bottle. Also, make sure whatever towel you`re using has nothing on it that will transfer to the glass. Towels dried with a fabric softener will leave streaks. Some paper towels may have a manufacturing residue on them that can leave streaks. Some people swear by using crumpled up newspaper and their favorite glass cleaner. If you try the newspaper, spray and wipe, but don`t wipe excessively or go back over the glass with dry newspaper. MF towels with a low pile, made especially for glass, work well to remove streaks, but even the best of them sometimes leave MF lint behind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another tip that I`ve heard is to not use towels that have been used to apply or remove anything else - that is, have dedicated glass towels. I admit I haven`t tested the validity of this claim, but it sounds reasonable if you imagine residues being trapped in the towel, which the alcohol in the cleaner may dissolve easily.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like AIO on the windows, maintained afterwards by using a QD sprayed onto a Viking MF from Autozone and then buffed out with a dry one. The windows should be clean first but it seems to work good from the starting point of being done after a "normal" car wash. I`ve had good luck with this method.

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by RobD

MF towels with a low pile, made especially for glass, work well to remove streaks, but even the best of them sometimes leave MF lint behind.

The el cheapo, Wally World MFs (NICSAND) work great for this. Close, tight weave.
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using newspaper for over a month now and it works the best from what I can tell. No streaks or lint, just make sure you don`t touch a light color interior until you wash your hands!
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree that it seems the lower the pile the better the MF towels seem to work when it comes to glass. I like the Nicsands for "off the body" but have had them leave lint on the windows. The thinner Vikings however have yet to lint and do a nice job buffing. I have to agree too that the news paper is a good method, tried and true for sure but like SRL said you do get a certain amount of black ink on your hands.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the combo of Griot`s Window Cleaner with the Viper Glass Cleaning Cloth. Very easy to use and always works well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NattyBumppo

The el cheapo, Wally World MFs (NICSAND) work great for this. Close, tight weave.
    That being said, be wary of buying cheap MFs. I bought some that looked good at first, and I relegated them to window duty after getting better MFs.... BUT the things linted like a cheap 20 cent Indian/Pakistani terry towel!!! They were worse than useless and left lint like no tomorrow. I now use them to dry my hands in the kitchen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try to get some real diaper cloths. They work really good for me. I use a terry cloth applicator pad and soak it in window cleaner. Scrub the window of any oil marks and dry off with diaper.

http://www.topoftheline.com/ulbufdiap.html

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont care what people say...

I use nothing but stoners invisible glass & newspaper.

Newspaper(black & white ink only) is the best thing you can use to clean the windows. If you dont believe my try it out for your self.

NYD

Post Thanks / Like
    The only problem I have is with the back window inside, where the defroster lines are? MF, Newspaper, whatever, I never have any problems, but I always seem to miss something in the back. I guess I am worried about damaging the lines. Anybody got any tips?

Post Thanks / Like
    Instead of rubbing up & down going over the lines, go with the lines. If they go side to side, you clean side to side. If they go up & down, you go up & down.

This will create less fricition on the defroster when you pass over them.

NYD

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NY detailer

I dont care what people say...

I use nothing but stoners invisible glass & newspaper.

Newspaper(black & white ink only) is the best thing you can use to clean the windows. If you dont believe my try it out for your self. NYD
    Do you use newspaper to clean mylar film tinted windows? I would be afraid the newspaper would scratch the tint. You don’t have any problems with that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ColaBear

Do you use newspaper to clean mylar film tinted windows? I would be afraid the newspaper would scratch the tint. You don’t have any problems with that?

I bought some stoner invisible glass cleaner this weekend, used it with newspaper and WOW could not believe my eyes...NO STREAKS !!! Stoner is the bomb.

Thread Information