Post Thanks / Like
    Have been a dedicated Zaino user for close to 2 years now; initially on dark blue Grand CHerokee. Now have a "steel gray" metallic Saab 9-5 that looked great with Zaino, but not real "deep". The Blackfire topper REALLY brought out the depth and metallic flakes in the paint. Great reflective shine with more color. Very pleased ! And as an added bonus, I was collecting MAJOR dust with Zaino alone; this prob has now been minimized. Thanks to those of you who initially tried this combo; great results :bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a great combo. I love the results on my black Z28:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m curious about what you would put on over the Blackfire next time the car is detailed. I know that Sal Zaino does not promote putting anything over his products. But once Blackfire (or any other product like a carnauba wax) is on over Zaino, what goes on next? I did not think that a Zaino product could bond to anything other than paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Boongie

I`m curious about what you would put on over the Blackfire next time the car is detailed. I know that Sal Zaino does not promote putting anything over his products. But once Blackfire (or any other product like a carnauba wax) is on over Zaino, what goes on next? I did not think that a Zaino product could bond to anything other than paint.

I have applied Zaino over not only BF protectant but also over a mixture of BF/Zaino. No adhersion (bonding) problems at all. Nevertheless, a good Dawn wash of weathered BF and a Z1 application would solve any problems if they did cropped up. So far no problems on my garage queen (Z28) which is now topped with P21S for added color enhancement, depth and wetness:wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s my understanding that Blackfire does not contain any carnubas. Even more importantly, the combo worked great on my car. I plan on adding a couple more coats of Blackfire; when the Blackfire no longer beads up, it will be Dawn wash, some more layers of Zaino, then back to Blackfire for me. I am truly amazed at the added depth in color with this combo.

Thread Information