Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got my big blue drying towel and tried it out after giving my ride a bath, and I really wasn`t impressed. The towel didn`t get my car any drier than the absorber that it replaced. It was at night and it was a bit damp here in Jersey, so I dont know if the dampness had anything to do with it, but there were still those super tiny droplets of water left on my car when I was done.

Am I doing something wrong?!?!? :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    The towel should not leave any water behind unless it is too saturated. I usually need two when drying my Explorer, but if I stretch one then I have a couple wrings and some small water trails the evaporate quickly.

IMO the BB holds MUCH more water than an absorber (also my last method). I was wringing the absorber after almost every panel to keep the water trails away.
    -Sam

Post Thanks / Like
    Try using the `perfect drying technique` as mentioned in other threads. The BBT is only really effective on a car that has been either partially dried that way or with a california water blade. Maybe try blotting up most of the water with the Absorber and then clean up the drips and runs with the BBT afterward.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it`s a personal preference thing. I got a blue waffle weave drying towel from JT International last month, and got to give it a thorough test yesterday. I was not very impressed either. I find the Absorber easier to use. I find using the Absorber, and then QD`ing with a regular MF afterwards the quickest. If I am in a hurry, I don`t even QD, but then I don`t have a black car.:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    For me, the Perfect Drying Technique used in conjunction with my JTInternational blue waffleweave towel is the easiest, quickest way to dry my cars. After taking the spray nozzle off the water hose and letting the water flow off my car, there`s not much water left. I drape the towel over a panel, gently rub my hand over the towel, like I was removing wrinkles, and the area is dry. One towel easily dries either of my cars without any problems. Another thing I like about these towels is their large size(54x28 inches). I can dry half of the roof or hood at a time or the whole trunk lid all at once.

Post Thanks / Like
    Based on the "Perfect Drying Technique" I guess ill have to try "sheeting" the water off with a high-volume stream of water, and follow up with the BBDT.

Thanks for your help guys....

Post Thanks / Like
    I like my big waffle weave towel from JT International. Makes quick work of the large surfaces on the Lincoln and Explorer. :up
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn`t all that impressed with the waffle weave from JT either and I was using it with the Perfect Drying Techinque...(Water sheeting, blower, etc).

I found the Absorber and the 24 x 24 MF towel from Pakshak to work alittle better....
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve, wash the towel. I have two (1 BB & 1 L and they worked better after they were washed. After two washes, they really started working well. I wash them in cold water with Tide.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow - I must be lucky, because I can dry our 2002 Tahoe with a single BBT and the `perfect drying technique` - no problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by geekysteve

Wow - I must be lucky, because I can dry our 2002 Tahoe with a single BBT and the `perfect drying technique` - no problems.

Me too,I can dry our Land Rover with one,and our Porsche with a half of BBt .Seriously,one BBT -no problem.
    2002 996 TT ( love her )
    2004 996 C2 ( will be replaced with 997 )
    2005 C 230 SS ( daily )
    2000 Land Rover Discovery ( wife`s )

Post Thanks / Like
    i got the waffle weave towel from microfiber tech, GREAT TOWEL and great service!!! It is like exactly the same size and performance as the BBT! but cheaper!

Post Thanks / Like
    I gotta wash my other MF towels, mabey ill throw my BBT in with them and give it a bath.

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I use the sheeting method, then wipe with a standard 16x16 MF towel (I do need to wring, of course) with one pass to the whole car...

The first pass will not remove the water trails, but about 95% of the water is gone, then I grab another 16x16 towel and do a final wipe...

No streaks and spots....

My car is dark red BTW...

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve, don`t wash the BBT with MF towels you used to remove polish or wax. Some wax/polish residue may remain in the rinse and find its way onto the BBT. If so, the towel may streak when used on the car and likely won`t dry as well either. If you washed them together already, wash it again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information