Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok Ive searched a bit and really I think I am even more confused.

So far I have heard good and bad about Leatherique, Lexol, adn Eagle One Leather conditioners.

I just got a 2003 Jetta and its my first car with Leather seats. I want to take care of them and I keep reading all this stuff about "New Leather" thats clearcoated and that some conditioners will hurt it.

I know Tortuga had a lot to say about Leatherique, but he was useing it on a Mercedes and I kind of figure the leather in a Mercedes is gonna be a bit differant then my little Jetta. This leather is a tad bit on the stiff side and I was hopeing to soften it up with some conditioner so any help is greatly appreciated.

I guess will continue to search also, who knows maybe ill get lucky.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have never heard anything bad about Lexol or leatherique....have heard good things about Conolly also

Post Thanks / Like
    leatherique is really for neglected (very dry and cracked) leather as it will do wonders there. Pretty expensive to use as a regualr monthly conditioner, but to each his own. It won`t do anything bad (it`s a wonderful product from the testimonials), but for my $$ I`d buy some lexol. It`s easily availible and it works quite well. You have to use it routinely to keep leather soft, but it protects well.

I can`t help you on the clearcoated leather question. Not sure on VWs and not quite sure how to check. The archives may have something, but otherwise someone will probably chime in.

Post Thanks / Like
    lexol but griots garage has a great product also

Post Thanks / Like
    I talked with several people I know with leather seats and a few of them use Eagle One leather care, which was actually recommended to me last night in chat as a good product for the money and is supposed to actually be better then Lexol.

I ordered some, so I will let everyone know what I think once it arrives.

I did also try Meguirs Gold Class leather conditioner and was not impressed at all.

I like to find the best bang for the buck, because I hate to waste money and I hate the look my girlfriend gives me when she thinks I am wasteing money.

thanks in advance for any help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t forget about the whole coated an non coated leather issue!!

I would think your seats are coated because it being so new and I think there is only a few HIGH end cars using noncoated leather.

I would use some 303 to protect them now.

I have clean leather seats with the Lexol Cleaner and them protected them with 303. I think it works & looks great especial on newer leather seats.

Also do a search on coated and non coated leather. Alot of info there. Good Luck. I don`t think you could go wrong with the 303.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought 303 Aerospace Protectant was just for Vinyl. From what I have read it can also be used on leather is this correct?

Post Thanks / Like
    When they coat the leather it is basicaly a vinyl coating.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2002 Accord Coupe V6 EX

would that have coated leather?

so the blue magic leather conditioner ive been using makes it wores? I should use vinylex or aerospace 303?

can you buy aerospace 303 locally?

Post Thanks / Like
    This topic is making me nuts, I guess it would be too simple if I got leather seats that were actual leather that needed actual leather conditioner! Now I find out I should be useing a vinyl protectant.

On top of all this for every product someone says is very good and does a great job theres always a few saying Oh that product is crap.

Its enough to make me want to scream :scared

What worrys me is that I might do damage over time by trying to protect my seats with the wrong product.

I guess ill roll the dice and just try some stuff out for myself.

Finding a wax I liekd was SOOOOO much easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    yea.. i kno ryte?

I like S100 and Zaino They my picks...

My wax trials went like this..

Zymol Cleaner Wax

Meguiars Cleaner Wax

Mothers

3m Showcar

Meguiars HI-Tech Yellow (Liquid)

S100

Now Zaino.

I dont feel there`s anything I need besides S100 and Zaino.

My leather conditioner so far are..

Meguiars Cleaner/Conditioner (Annoying to use)

Blue Magic(I picked cause it was cheaper then lexol)

Post Thanks / Like
    On a new car I don`t think you can go wrong with the 303. It can be bought locally at True Value hardware stores but if you are not sure what to do then go to the 303products.com website and for $5 shipping they will send you samples fo several of their products. You can`t go wrong that way.

Post Thanks / Like
    For clearcoated leather.....

clean weekly ....use a damp MF.....OPTIONAL

protect weekly ....use 303 or other type....OPTIONAL

deep clean monthly ....using leather cleaner product...per direction on product...

Condition once a month or at least 2 times a year....using leather conditioner.....

Most named brand leather condtioners & cleaners will work well ..... Find a condtioner that you like the smell of and the appearance of .....

I suggest you also read the autopia e-book on leather care.

Connoly hide food should be used on connoly leather only IMO which are in Rolls and Bentlys.....

Post Thanks / Like
    When I did own a car with leather seats a few years back all I used was Lexol. It always did the job.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Lexol for several years but have switched to Pinnacle. I just like the smell better. On my seats in my car (notice I said "my") the Lexol after smell wasn`t what I wanted. I didn`t realize it was the leather conditioner leaving that "after smell." I got some of the Pinnacle leather conditioner and was somewhat more satisfied with the way it went on, how it absorbed, how it left my car smelling, and the fact that it had Lanolin listed as an ingredient. JMO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information