Post Thanks / Like
    Hi folks, I am back with a new question. I was wondering if any of you have any experience with Perma-plate (mostly offered to people who buy a new car), I have always been sceptical about it, thinking it was a scam to get more money out of you. But they claim it protects against tree sap and bird bombs for years. What do you guys think or know about this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetBlack

I have always been sceptical about it, thinking it was a scam to get more money out of you. But they claim it protects against tree sap and bird bombs for years. What do you guys think or know about this?

Always go with your instincts!

Just another money grubbing add-on by the dealer. Any product that claims to protect for years is a joke, at least in the current realm of offerings.

Save your money, buy some Zaino or Klasse, and a few good waxes on the side and you`ll be much much happier, and have more protection to boot.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a dealer applied sealant on all 3 of the cars in my family. My dad`s van has something called Auto-Armor on it and the Corolla has Perma-Plate. We bought them because they were part of a "protection package" that lowered the APR by a few percent, so we were actually saving money having it applied. We didn`t have a choice with the Accord, all of the cars in stock had a sealant applied and we couldn`t wait for one without the sealant on it.

In my opinion, it`s not worth it if you have it applied after you already bought the car. I get better results when I detail the car myself. The tree sap and bird bomb thing aren`t real, trust me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just found my Perma-Plate warranty contract, here`s what it states:

LIMITATIONS OF COVERAGE

This warranty does not cover damage existing prior to the application of the Perma-Plate products, or to surfaces not treatable with the Perma-Plate products such as semi-gloss or non-golssy paint, headliners, seat belts, steering wheels, or as determined by the design of the vehicle; damage caused by road hazards, vandalism, collision or similar accident; fire or other natural casualties; rusting of metal; modifications or alterations of the factory`s original painted finish (i.e. repainted surfaces, aftermarket pin striping, etc.); defective paint (i.e. peeling or chipping of paint or factory clear coat, paint separating, cracking or flaking, or as determined by independent inspection or factory bulletins); chips or scratches caused by every day use or other causes or damage caused by neglect or abuse; stains or damage caused by dye, ink, tar, gum or paint; bleach, acid or other caustic or corrosive substances; burns, rips, tears, shredding or other interior fabric or leather damage resulting from vandalism or other causes; abnormal use or damage due to neglect or abuse; surface wear or natural creases in leather seats; modification or alteration of leather or vinyl surfaces; damage caused by rusting or poor adhesion to the surface to which the leather or vinyl has been attached or manufacturer`s defects.

I`m guessing the abuse or neglect would apply to the left on bird sap/bird bombs.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Bird bombs would fall into this category, "stains or damage caused by dye, ink, tar, gum or paint; bleach,; acid or other caustic or corrosive substances; "

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the opinions and the advice guys. The problem is I have already had it done. Last few weeks were very frustrating, it seemed every bird in the state was on a mission to bomb my car. I had several stains that I was trying to get rid of, and each day there were more... In a moment of desperation and stupidy I went and had it perma-plated. Well it is not so much the perma-plate and how much it cost ($350), but the sons of b!tches have scratched my clear coat on a few places. When I pointed it out to them, they said `you know you will always scracth your clear coat, it is normal`.

But in the end they agreed to put it right. But I am not going to leave the car with those unprofessional chimps

The thing is I took the car to them and trusted them with it, coz they have a really good reputation. But I would not recommend them for anything (California Auto Tinting and Polishing in Campbell :down :down :down ).

Now I have really annoying scratches on the trunk lid that I need to get rid of

I gues I`ll go ahead and read on this forum and learn how to use a polisher and get rid of scratches on the clear coat.

Thread Information