Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ALAN81

i said this plenty of times ........souvern and P21s to me are equal

I`d have to agree they are very, very close in appearance but to me, P21S seems a little brighter and more reflective with the same shimmery wet look. Souveran seems to deepen the color slightly more than P21S does.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this report a downloadable report or hard copy?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I was curious about how both BlackFire and Collinite ranked in durability and overall. I currently have one car with the Blackfire on it and one car with Collinite topped with S100 (I am beginning to like this carnauba combo more and more).

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by theveed

Is this report a downloadable report or hard copy?

Thanks

Hard copy only.

Post Thanks / Like
    dang... i guess i`m outta luck...

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by theveed

dang... i guess i`m outta luck...
    Not necessarily. You should be able to order it online and have it sent to you. I think one of the people involved with it is on this forum. If worst came to worst, you could even resort to snailmail.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by CharlesW

They jumped on the, "Zaino is the greatest bandwagon", so they are O.K. now.

Charles

Actually, they started to get a lot more credibility when GeekySteve (one of the original members of thewaxtest.com) started posting here and earned the respect of many of us.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    My comment was in jest and I hope everyone took it in jest.

The wax test is still just more opinions and you need to keep that in mind. Don`t let it be the thing that causes you to change what works for you. By the way, I just bought some S100. Of course, the excellent review didn`t have anything to do with the purchase.

I just happened to be in the Harley, (I ride a Honda), shop, (which is several miles away), and there it was.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jmsc

Bot it when it 1st came out 1-2 months ago.

Just to clarify the rankings:

Zaino was #1 synthetic and # 1 overall.

P21S was #1 carnauba and #2 overall. But if you look closely at the individual ratings, outside of durability which Z scored super high on, P21S carnauba beats them ALL on the individual rankings for the FIRST week (gloss, shine, slickness, beading...)

I was not that impressed with the slickness of my Zaino after the first coat, but now that I have five on the car, I can tell you P21S was never as slick. P21S after one week never beaded as well as Zaino either (of course, the surface under the Z is far less swirled than it was under P21S). It think it was fitting both products came 1/2, because those are the two I use!

Post Thanks / Like
    Drewski,

Were there any rankings on swirl-filling/hiding ability? If so, how did some of the popular waxes here do?

Charles, I know it was in jest! But still, I wouldn`t be surprised if you partially did feel that way. Zaino users (not the product...the users) always get a bad rap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can anyone give me a short summary of how the report tests durability and for how long?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Intermezzo

Drewski,

Were there any rankings on swirl-filling/hiding ability? If so, how did some of the popular waxes here do?

No, there weren`t rankings on that, just amount of beads, bead size, shine, gloss, depth, clarity, reflectivity, slickness, color enhancement, and overall impression. At the beginning, they go into detail as to how they rank each one of these categories, and how they test each wax objectively for each.

The only thing about scratches were they noticed that the Zymol waxes all showed much more scratches than the others.:nixweiss

Their durability ratings were an average of all the testers results after measuring the amount of, and depth/diameter of the beads.:xyxthumbs

OutlawTitan, Blackfire only lasted five weeks and got a durability rating of `C`, and finished 11th overall. Collinite Marque d` elegance lasted the full eight weeks(barely) and got a durability rating of `B+`, and finished 9th overall.:xyxthumbs

:wavey
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Post Thanks / Like
    How many weeks do they list for Zaino`s durablility?

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by drewski59

Their durability ratings were an average of all the testers results after measuring the amount of, and depth/diameter of the beads.:xyxthumbs

Interesting. From what I had read on the forum, I was under the impression that several products didn`t bead, but sheeted water. Evidently I was wrong again.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t have my Guru report in front of me (I loaned it to a friend of mine who hasn`t returned it yet) but if memory serves me right only 1 coat of all the waxes was allowed. No layering was done. This may explain why P21S measured the slickest if you only waxed once. Also, no cars were used only test panels.

Again, correct me if I`m wrong by those who have a report handy.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information