Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RainX Trick

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey all, not sure if anyone else read the article one of the more "senior" posters wrote. Applying Rainx can be a real pain, and they tried something that really works.

Before washing the car, clean your windshield, and then apply several heavy coats of RainX. Let it dry....go get the hose out, buckets, etc.....and when you start washing the car just wash the windshield the same as you would. This buffs off the haze, leaves an incredible finish, and boom.....it`s applied.

I tried it and will now use RainX more often because of this.
    Constantly striving to keep the cars clean...:buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree totally on that. I`ve been applying RainX like that for years. I`ve never had any of the problems that people always report with RainX. I believe it has everything to do with the way its applied. Definatly the best way to do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I presume you need to be sure to use a separate wash mitt though for washing it off? I can`t imagine it would be wise to then take that same washmitt and wash the painted panels of your car...

Post Thanks / Like
    RAINX IS A FUNNY PRODUCT either you love it or you dont. I use it and to me it works well in a heavy rain i don`t use my windshild wipers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Chris S

I presume you need to be sure to use a separate wash mitt though for washing it off? I can`t imagine it would be wise to then take that same washmitt and wash the painted panels of your car...

You can do that if you want to. All you are really doing is cleaning off the haze. You could use a paper towel if you wanted to. The mitt isn`t really neccessary. To be honest, I`ve never thought twice about using the same mitt. If you are using the double bucket technique then it really doesn`t matter a whole lot anyway. You just rinse the mitt off before putting it in the soapy bucket for another pass. Never had a problem with that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting technique. I`ve been doing that the same way with an abrasive when I want crystal clear glass. Could Rain-X be substituted with any other beading wax?

Post Thanks / Like
    Been trying to find a good RainX technique like that. thanks...

Was wondering -- I use Stoner`s Invisible Glass. Does Stoner`s remove the RainX? Or can it be used to clean the windshield sometime after a RainX application, without removing too much RainX?

I could experiment, but I can`t really control the variables....

Am still thinking about buying a another case of Aquapel.... :nixweiss Thanks in advance...

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never seen any adverse reaction from Invisible Glass on RainX. My glass still beads fine after using Invisible Glass on them. In fact, I think people have said that they find it really hard to remove RainX from their windows with anything. lol Once its on there its on there pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to use Rain X but since I started using MF`s to clean the windows I find I really dont need it..Using EO 20/20 or IG the windshield gets very clean and when it rains the water beads and runs right up the windshield!! It doesn`t bead as much as RainX but it is good enough..

LW

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tips, guys!:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Great tip...:up Being doing it that way for awhile now. I think Redcarguy was the original one that suggested it.. No more streaks or haze with RainX
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    i`ve been doing that (rinse method) for quite sometime and it works for me, but I never had the confidence of trying it on someone else`s car fearing that it may haze/fog their windshields... glad to hear that it`s actually an accepted method...

newspaper polishing really brings out the "gloss" though...

Post Thanks / Like
    Wierder still...one day about five years I was rainX`ing my Integra and ran out of time. I liked to let the stuff sit for about 20 minutes before buffing out the haze, but in this case I actually forgot about it. It rained during the night, and in the morning my glass was crystal clear!

Now I seriously will take advantage of the rain to do the job for me...you can`t beat it!

Viking
    Great tip! Thanks:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    why don`t we use RainX on our paint if it is so durable?

sorry to bring up an old topic like this...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information