Post Thanks / Like
    I went to Canadian Tire and bought Mothers clay bar

and then I saw a pre-cleaner wax, shine and glaze and the carnauba wax. These are recommended as step 1-3 respectively. I want to know is it any good at all compare to others?
    Black are tough to maintain but its the best color out there!!

Post Thanks / Like
    The carnuba cleaner/wax is excellent. It goes on and comes off like a dream. It has average durability and a pretty good shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks how about the others?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mothers makes good stuff. The clay bar is excellent. There is nothing wrong with the other products either, although they are not as widely used on this board as Meguiars and 3M.

You will get good results with the Mothers 3 step.
    -Sam

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like Mothers Reflections, Mothers clay bar, Mothers Protectant and Mothers Showtime.

I have tried almost all the products and Mothers works for me better than the others.

BTW Kragen has a sale on Mothers stuff, good time to stock up.

Bob

Stockton Ca
    Likes fju2112 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Everything i`ve gotten from mother`s worked just great.

I bought some of that step three wax, not the cleaner wax but the pure carnauba stuff- haven`t used it yet, but it sure looks like wax alright.

Instead of the step one and two, I`m hoping I can fake it with some soap I`ve already got and some 3m Imperial hand glaze. I`ve heard nothing but good about the three step mothers.
    97 A8 4.2 pearl

00 A6 2.7t black

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I think I`ll go back there tom and get the rest then along with some dry terry cloth

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve also had good results with the Mothers products I have used. I recently tried thier Reflections product on my wifes dark green metallic SHO and am quite impressed with the results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Their clay bar is my favorite.

If I am asked to reccommend an over-the-counter line of detailing products to someone, I always reccommend Mother`s. All of their products are excellent.

Mother`s is my favorite over-the-counter lineup because their products have consistent quality. Meguiar`s has a better selection, but their quality can be hit-and-miss- most products are good, some are outstanding, and some are junk. Eagle 1 doesn`t have as good a selection as Mothers, and the Eagle 1 paste wax is almost impossible to find. Other companies, like 3M, make excellent products, but it`s almost impossible to find them. If you find one or two on the shelf, you`re lucky.

Mother`s is great because almost every auto parts store carries the whole Mothers line. You can always find the 3-step wax system, the claybar, and the preserves protectant. With that, you are set to go.
    2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport -- Zaino

1999 MB C280 -- 1Z Glanz

Post Thanks / Like
    Another good thing about Mothers is that Forrest from Mothers monitors this forum and always helps if you are having a application problem, they really care about there customers.

Bob

Stockton Ca

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the 3 step from Mother`s for years. Great products, but durability is typical for Carnauba`s--not very long, maybe 2 months if car is garaged every might. I recently switched to Meguiar`s #20 and it is much more durable. Not as nice smell, and deep looking as a carnauba, but it lasts much longer. I also find it more reflective. But just last month, I started topping it with Meguiar`s #26 and I get durability and the deep wet shine, so the best of both worlds.

Go ahead and get the 3 step, but remember that you only need to use the pre-wax cleaner once or twice a year. You can use the sealer/glaze and the pure carnauba wax as often as you like. Probably once a month would give you a great shine and decent protection.

Thread Information