Noticed a couple of small paintchips on the hood of the car yesterday. The chips are only about twice the size of a pinhead, and the paint hasn`t been chipped off completely. I`m thinking of filling the chips with some touchup paint applied on a needle or toothpick. I wonder would that make them more noticeable. I also thought of using langka to remove the excess paint after I fill the chips, but from my experience with this product, it would actually remove the paint out of the chip completely. I find langka only really works on substantial paint chips. I also thought about using the paint chip repair kit you can buy from www.dingking.com. They have a 5 step process which involves cleaning the chip, applying the paint with a squeegee, removing the excess with another chemical, and then sealing the repair.

I have of course read all the articles on posts on this website regarding paintchip repair, but am not sure what wouuld work with really small chips.

So far using a needle or toothpick to fill the chip sounds like the right thing to do.

Any advice ?

thx