TheOzzfather
    I recently bought a 2003 Maxima SE. I have some tape lines on the roof and tried washing them off with no luck. Any ideas as how to get them off? I also ALREADY have a few scratches including some peoson who brushed a grocery cart into my car and left a little red plastic on it. I looked at some McGuires scratch remover any one heard anything on it?

FYI I used to post her but for some reason my name was delted and I tried to e-mail an admin so I am not a super newbie here.

Post Thanks / Like
    The tape lines might be from the adhesive. I would look at 3M`s tar and adhesive remover to get rid of them.

As far as the scratches are concerned, are they deep enough where they can be felt with the edge of your fingernail?

TheOzzfather
    I cannot feel them like there is an indentation. Thank you for your reply.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the Meguiars Scratch X. It is one of the few products for scratch removal that works well by hand. On the tape line if you do not have the tar remover then try 50/50 water and alcohol in a spray bottle.

TheOzzfather
    Will I need to wax afterwards? I order Zanio but just have not found the time to use the darn stuff!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    It will not hurt your clear coat. Use a foam applicator. Use these products before you use Z.

BTW: you will probably need to do several application of the scratch remover to achieve the results you want. You must rub/ work the scratch remover. then wipe with the 50/50 alcohol /water to view your work. Keep doing this until you are satisfied. Alcohol dries fast so wipe quickly with a mf.

TheOzzfather
    So apply the X, spray with rubbing alcohol and water 50 / 50 then wipe off with micro fiber towel? DO I need to apply wax afterwards??

Post Thanks / Like
    You want to protect the surface afterwards. I would use a glaze Meguiars #7 or IHG then seal or wax.

BTW: If you have clay it would be good to clay the area first to remove any grit before using Scratch X. Thats just to avoid rubbing the grit into the surface. You can feel for grit using the baggie method.

TheOzzfather
    No idea what the bggie method is but thank you very much for your replies.:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I learned this today too...

It`s when you put your hand inside a plastic bag, and rub it acorss the paint. the paint should feel really smooth. The plastic will amplify any scratches/bumps/ or anything of that sort so you can feel them better...

Loads of people do this when deciding on whether or not to clay...

Post Thanks / Like
    if you use zaino dont use the IHG and #7

zaino wont bond with it!!

Thread Information