Post Thanks / Like
    I detailed my black Grand Cherokee last weekend and then my wife`s black Grand Cherokee.

I washed them both with Gold Class, clayed them both with the Mother`s bar, then 3M IHG Polish, and used Gold Class Carnauba on mine and Mother`s Carnauba on hers just for differentiation. All done by hand. Hers sat in the garage all week while mine was used daily. I just washed mine and the "butter smooth" feeling is all gone already. The water beaded just fine and it still shines like new but that silky feeling is all gone.

Does the carnauba disappear that quickly?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by RockyZJ

I detailed my black Grand Cherokee last weekend and then my wife`s black Grand Cherokee.

I washed them both with Gold Class, clayed them both with the Mother`s bar, then 3M IHG Polish, and used Gold Class Carnauba on mine and Mother`s Carnauba on hers just for differentiation. All done by hand. Hers sat in the garage all week while mine was used daily. I just washed mine and the "butter smooth" feeling is all gone already. The water beaded just fine and it still shines like new but that silky feeling is all gone.

Could be a residue from whatever you used to wash it. Try going over it with a QD and see if the feel is back. Carnauba shouldn`t be gone after just a week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars Gold Class wax has very poor durability, it would not suprise me if it`s already gone. Especically on a black car in high heat areas.

The smooth feeling is created by oils in the product, when you washed the car the oils were washed away.........so bye bye smoothness.

:down
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    chris let me klasse it! hehe.

Post Thanks / Like
    All right Ali...I give.....when?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by RockyZJ

Part of the answer is in the original post. Yours was on the road all week...your wife`s Cherokee was in the garage. Boston hs a lot of "airborne stuff" with Logan Airport, the Big Dig and all of the vehicles that travel in and out of the city on a daily basis. This settles on the paintwork and would cause the "buttah smooth" (Boston accent here! ) feeling to diminish.

The color of the vehicle has a lot to do with it..in the summer sun, the surface temperature of a black car can exceed the melting and evaporation temperature of a carnnauba based wax.

I too find that Gold Class does not have a lot of durability. I would go with one of the synthetics..Klasse, Zaino or Liquid Glass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice cars :xyxthumbs
    ~Cody Julian

Post Thanks / Like
    I had this problem with GC too. I would wax it and by the next time I washed it, it would feel rough again. I switched to Zaino and haven`t noticed it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Even though wash shampoos are formulated not to strip wax, I`m beginning to wonder about how it affects wax (slickness) anyway. Maybe this is why a few people (forget who) wash without soap or use very little?

Thread Information