Post Thanks / Like
    I have a question. Every one says that polyester in cotton clothes will scratch. I went out and ordered the Big blue towel from CMA. After I recieved it I looked at the label and it said"80% polyester, 20% polyamide Made in Korea."

This was to be my trying towel but after reading that it had 80% polester this scares me. What do you guys think:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    This bad boy kicks much butt, I have had NO problems with it what so ever.

Post Thanks / Like
    The difference between microfiber towels with polyester and bath towels with polyester lies mostly in the way they`re designed and manufactured.

With a typical bath towel, the fibers are much more coarse and the design of them is more like a loop - which combined with the coarse nature of the threads is prone to scratching.

With a typical microfiber, the fibers are *very* fine - if I recall correctly, the thickness of a microfiber strand is something like 0.02 somethings (not inches, not mm`s, but some other measurement). They are also woven, so there aren`t any peaks/loops/etc.

Microfiber, as long as it`s fairly high quality, is much less likely to scratch than a cotton towel. If you do a quick google search on Microfiber towels, I`m certain there`d be plenty of info on the distinct differences.

HTH

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Geekysteve nailed it. :up

Also when you`re reading you`ll find a claim that 70/30 blend towels are "better", but this isn`t always the case, and once again it`s "all in the construction".

Post Thanks / Like
    ITS THE WAY THE POLYESTER IS FINISHED THAT SCRATCHES YOUR CAR.In mf towels they are finished soft

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by geekysteve

The difference between microfiber towels with polyester and bath towels with polyester lies mostly in the way they`re designed and manufactured.

With a typical bath towel, the fibers are much more coarse and the design of them is more like a loop - which combined with the coarse nature of the threads is prone to scratching.

With a typical microfiber, the fibers are *very* fine - if I recall correctly, the thickness of a microfiber strand is something like 0.02 somethings (not inches, not mm`s, but some other measurement). They are also woven, so there aren`t any peaks/loops/etc.

Microfiber, as long as it`s fairly high quality, is much less likely to scratch than a cotton towel. If you do a quick google search on Microfiber towels, I`m certain there`d be plenty of info on the distinct differences.

HTH

What he said.

Hello Geeky!:wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    :wavey

Thread Information