Post Thanks / Like
    This is my first post on the forum, though I have been lurking for a while as a guest. I drive a 98 black on black m3 which today had some bad luck. While i was at work some girl in a accord let the wind blow her door right into mine which broke my mirror off ( the mirror is made to do this upon force to prevent damage) but the mirror hit my paint below where the mirror used to be and put a nice big scuff in the paint. When you look at it closely it looks like a bunch of tiny scrathes put together. I`m pretty sure i can`t fix it my self as i don`t even own a pc and i know my 3m smr is not strong enough to remove it. My question is, do you guys think a detailer could fix this and if so does anyone know a good detailer in colorado? Or do i need to head over to the body shop? Thanks so much for your time and reading my long post, to bad this happened after i put a fresh coat of s100 (p2s1) on my car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, welcome to the forum.

If any of the scratches are deep enough that it catches your fingernail, it`s too deep to really remove and all you can do is just mask it.

Have you read the detailing articles or bought the e-book? Try a scratch removal product like from Mothers or Meguiars (if they`re not really deep) and see how it looks. These products both polish the sharp edges off and fill it in a bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Get her to pay for the damages. If you can feel it it will need repainting.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went at it after taking some before pictures, with some wet sand paper and my friends pepboys bought buffer thinking it would not look any better, but after an 1hr with sand paper and the buffer using 3m smr I could not belive it but i got rid of this 6inch scuff. I`m really happy now, my pride and joy looks good again. I will try to post some before and after pics for anyone that cares. Once again thanks for your help.

Thread Information