Post Thanks / Like
    I followed Tortuga`s advise and called Kristy from Leatherique to answer a few questions I had.

I mentioned to her that several members of Autopia had reported a "tacky" or "sticky" feeling to their leather once the Rejuv and pristine clean process was completed.

Kristy advised that this means you have more "gunk" trapped in the leather, and that you should repeat Rejuv oil, and pristine clean!

For a minute I thought(sure, sure, use more product, have to buy more from you etc,etc)

However, she explained to me that when the seats are fully cleaned, no tacky or resiude should remain at all.

I plan to try the system this weekend on my 2002 F-150 Lariat.

So if the leather feels tacky, you might need to repeat again!
    "Wax on Wax off"

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using Leatherique for a couple years now, and just love the stuff. I purchased both the Rejuvinator and the Prestine Clean, but I find I only use the Rejuvinator now. It`s not that there is anything wrong with the Prestine Clean, but there is a faster and easier method.

I now use the EF Spot Remover (although I`m sure some other safe cleaner would work fine, too) on all leather surfaces first. I especially use it, even multiple times, on surfaces like a leather steeering wheel or a seat back which is really impregnated with human oils and dirt. If you use a white terry towel, you`ll be amazed at the crap which is coming off.

I think it`s just that there are better cleaners than Prestine Clean for use on heavily soiled leather, and I`ve never damaged any leather using the EF Spot Remover. The EF Spot Remover also seems to be better at removing whatever dressings were previously applied to the leather (like Armor All--arghh!).

Then, when I apply the Rejuvinator oil, most of the crap has been removed, and there is less stuff brought to the surface after the Rejuvinator soaks in. When Rejuvinator is used on a clean surface properly, there is no residue or tacky feeling.:up

Post Thanks / Like
    What is EF Spot Remover ? Where do you buy it ? Is it made for cars ?

Thread Information